Thread: Cracked grill solutions

Does anyone have a solution to solving a "cracked grill"? Here is what happened. My wife tells me that she noticed that the grill on the truck has a small crack on it. Without hesitation I go and check out the truck to see what she is talking about as I usually wash the truck by hand regularly to remove salt and sane and have never noticed a thing.

So she points it out to me, the bow tie chrome section right between the driver side head lamps is cracked. Under further inspection it appears that it was hit by something but yet the headlamp, directional assembly and bumper do not show any signs of damage. In other words we can rule out a shopping carriage. My wife seems to think that it could of been the result of a careless contractor when we were at Home Depot, perhaps it happened when the truck was at the dealership getting the heater box fixed or vandals. Regardless, I could spend many of sleepless nights trying to figure out how only the chrome section go damaged but rather would like to get it fixed.

After getting over the sadness of this new found problem, I reached behind the grill from the directional light I managed to reseat the stressed chrome at the crack. It does not look bad but you can certainly see this crack and would certainly like to get it corrected.

Does anyone know if you can just purchase the chrome "bow tie" section of the grill rather than the whole grill assembly? I am sure the dealer would soak me for this piece alone. Any other solutions?
    Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison LB, Linex bed liner, Amsoil oil, transmission oil and air filter.

I do believe that just the chrome piece is replaceable. I had the whole grill off and apart during the billet grill installation. On my 2002 HD Chevy, I had that piece off and set aside within minutes. Most of the pieces have part numbers visible on the inside usually a paper sticker. Take 10 minutes and remove the grill carefully. Get the part number and see what the dealer charges. I also remember one on ebay awhile back. Ya never know. Dave