Thread: LBZ injectors

Default LBZ injectors

2007 classic 2500HD lbz, original owner, 265,000 miles. Mix city/highway, rarely pull anything. Recently had check engine light come on, went into limp mode. First shop changed two injector connectors, ran it 6-7000 miles, did it again, 2nd shop said 2 more connectors were bad, had them change the other 6 of them. Drove it 5 miles, did it again, brought it back, they called the next morning said all 8 injectors were bad. I told them I was coming to pick it up.It runs well, no smoke, or miss, except when it goes into limp mode. I'm picking it up tomorrow. I have an older model programmer, hypertech, I can pull the codes. Is it unusual for all 8 injectors to go bad on an LBZ? They are saying they are "flooding".

Hopefully the service tech hasn't erased the codes. I'm going to bet P0087 is one that shows up.
    Lots of good reading and workarounds in a sticky thread at the top of this subforum.
    Post up what codes you pull!

Definitely sounds like P0087. The LBZ did not have the connector issues that the LLY did. They do have plenty of injector issues though and like you describe the truck runs perfectly fine until you put a load on it. I've had pretty good success adding lift pump and custom tuning to get them back to being happy again.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!