Thread: exhaust removel

Default exhaust removel

i want to remove my muffler on my 03 duramax 2500hd gmc to make it a straight pipe. can i do this without tuners and all that stuff? i just want to make it straight pipe.

Yes it can be done. The issues at hand are:

1) The muffler inlet and outlets are offset requiring a special pipe with relatively close bends to get it done in the length provided.

2) The pipe often bends in very close proximity to the muffler shell on the outlet end allowing very little straight pipe to clamp onto.

3) Most that I have talked to said that once the newness of the change wore off they got sick of the noise of the straight pipe and eventually end up doing a 4" full system.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Default Exhaust

Removal of the muffler resulted in the exhaust dumping underneath the cab creating both excessive cab noise and fumes. I also believe the oil pressure was effected, though I haven't figured that out.
    I do not recommend removal.

2003 Chevy LB7
    Denton, Texas