Thread: oil pressure dropping

Default oil pressure dropping

I have a 2004 GMC Seirra 3500 and i'm always getting messages like coolant low or battery not charging then one day I stopped at a red light and oil pressure low message came on. I called a mechanic and he said change the oil pressure sending unit,so i did. No change. when it drops below 1000 rpm's it starts dinging. Any suggestions before I take it to a dealer and pay them a small fortune. Thanks for any help.

Default oil pressure dropping

Do any of you think this may be a computer problem.

Where are all the Duramax Guru,s I know someone bound of seen this before.

If you haven't already done so, check to see if you're "making" oil. IOW, especially if it's an LB7, with the fuel return lines under the valve covers, you could be leaking raw fuel into the crankcase, diluting the oil. That's the first thing that comes to my mind, but be patient, and some of the real Dura Max guys/gals will be on here with the right poop for yuh.

Good luck.
    DW
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

Hmmm? Any results? Surprised that you haven't heard from those who are more well versed in this issue. Hope you are getting some resolution.

DW
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

The first two things that I would check are:

1) Oil viscosity (check for overfull/fuel in oil)
    2) oil psi with a known, trusted mechanical gauge.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!