Thread: 94 lb7 K1500 conversion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DieselDavy View Post
    Kenny,
    I'm concerned that the cab didn't come with the donor truck. I thought you'd need the wiring harness and dash. (I really don't know what I'm talking about, just what I think I remember reading here on "the page".)
    Dave
    I really wish I would've got the cab, I planned on swapping the entire dash, seats, carpet, all kinds of stuff.
    That did not happen.

Fortunately, when I bought the engine the guy gave me the entire engine harness, ecu, and tcu.
    When I recieved the donor truck (from the same guy) it came with the entire harness for headlights, taillights and everything like that. I will be swapping that to the half ton and wiring it to my lights and such.

There is a Video on you tube and the guy is running an lb7 in a truck about this same year, and he has original gauges hooked up and working correctly.
    Not sure what is involved in making this happen yet, but I will difenatly be researching. 12volt electrical is my specialty, not scared at all on (12v) wiring.

Debating on buying or building engine mounts right now.

Going to loosen the cab today and lift it up about 3 inches to get the engine in and mocked up, then cut the cab to fit as I go.
    I would like to have a removable tunnel (bolted in) for easy access.

Thanks for the feedback!!

I've posted on 3 forums, this one is the best so far.

I was able to post more pictures!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -94 K1500 lb7 swap
    -06 Cl55 AMG Mercedes Benz @ 12.3 seconds
    -04 E55 AMG Mercedes Benz
    -08 f150