Thread: Had Bad is exhaust Reburn for my 6.6

Default Had Bad is exhaust Reburn for my 6.6

I have been trying to find out info on how Exhaust reburn will affect my 6.6. Will it last? Will it loss power in the long run. Should I go back to a 06 year. Have not had much luck. Any opinion will help. If I am in the wrong section to post I apologize. Thanks

P.S.
    Sorry. HOW bad is Exhaust reburn

Quote Originally Posted by Nilator View Post
    I have been trying to find out info on how Exhaust reburn will affect my 6.6. Will it last? Will it loss power in the long run. Should I go back to a 06 year. Have not had much luck. Any opinion will help. If I am in the wrong section to post I apologize. Thanks

P.S.
    Sorry. HOW bad is Exhaust reburn
    I assume you're referring to "regeneration".

If so, the ECM will command the injection system to inject fuel during the exhaust stroke (late injection event) when regeneration is required (the 2011/12 models utilize a separate injector in the exhaust system to inject regen fuel). This provides a fuel source necessary to bring the DOC and DPF up to regeneration temperature. This increases exhaust temperature to 500°C (932°F) or higher. Simultaneously, the air intake valve reduces the amount of intake air, further contributing to the heat production. And finally, the variable vane turbocharger is used to restrict exhaust flow and loads the engine during regeneration. All of these factors work together to build heat in the exhaust system. This could affect fuel consumption to some degree.

An active regeneration is pretty transparent during most uses of the truck. If you're driving at highway speeds or towing in ways that requires more power, the exhaust temperature will usually be high enough to burn the accumulated soot in the DPF (exhaust filter), so it won't require extra fuel.

Jim