Thread: Disable Door Chime????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face

Does anyone know how to disable the door chime. It is driving me crazy!!
    2002 Ext. Cab. 4x4 SWB D/A<br />Summit White, Marker Lamps, Snow Plow Pkg & H/D Trailer Pkg. Alloys, Husky mats & Westin Bars, Vent Shades, Bugflector, Kenosha brake cont. Rugged liner, camper mirrors.

Temporally you can rock the catch in the door portion into the latched position.....Just don't forget to pull up on handle prior to closing the door.....

MAC

NutNbutGMC Guest

^.....After a full 9 seconds in the search engine, I found this; http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cg...=7&t=002336&p=

It even has pictures.

I've read somewhere on this site you can drill a small hole in the chime speaker under the dash.
    Todd Eldridge<br />2002 2500HD Crew 4x4 zf 6sp<br />Stanadyne FM-100 additional fuel filter<br />Flo-Pro Muffler<br />Summit White <br />Fender flares painted to match<br />GMC side molding<br />SS Nerf Bars<br />e-mail todd.eldridge@cnet.navy.mil

Wink

Gee,
    Is it really a good idea to be drilling into any electronic device? If you own an O3, Take special warning before attempting to disable "key in" chimer when door is open.

01,02's
    The door chimer tone is already annoying enough! A hole in drilled in the small chimer speaker would just badly distort the already annoying sound or destroy the speaker coil. This can't be good on the driver electronics module! If it's driving you nuts, disconnect the door sense wire as indicated on some of the other posts on this thread.

If you own an 03, forget tampering with the door wiring or the chime speaker! It's all tied to main CPU and appears to be using the door mounted stereo speakers. Tampering with a 03 door control wiring could lead to a total system failure? In 03, the door functions/wiring is all matrixed for less wiring going into and from the doors. It's all scanned and monitored by common control buss/wiring to an On-board computer and is totally different than the 01 & 02's!

[ 11-17-2002: Message edited by: FisHn2DMax ]</p>
    2003 GMC 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 4x4 D/A with all the toys! Rear seat DVD system with Bose 6 changer CD Stereo system. factory Extendable tow mirrors. Line-X sprayed bed liner, Westin Nurf bars, 285 BFG AT\'s on 16\" AR chrome pythons, 5\'er hitch, prodigy controller.

THANKS FOR INFO; TOO BAD ITS NOT A SEPERATE UNIT LIKE THEY ONCE WERE
    2002 Ext. Cab. 4x4 SWB D/A<br />Summit White, Marker Lamps, Snow Plow Pkg & H/D Trailer Pkg. Alloys, Husky mats & Westin Bars, Vent Shades, Bugflector, Kenosha brake cont. Rugged liner, camper mirrors.

For the 2003's, I guess that if you remove the stock radio and install an aftermarket the door chime will "go away". I'm out of town right now, but I believe that it was in the owner's manual. (sorry if i'm not correct on this)
    <b>2003 GMC 2500HD D/A SLT 4x4 CC LB! (Polo Green) </b><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/53238125hQAlYl\" target=\"_blank\"><i>PICS HERE</i></a>

The speaker for the door chime is mounted on a circuit board inside a computer module. The module is located under the steering column. This module runs all the stupid annoying stuff like door chimes, idiot message center, security system, etc. Unplug the module and take out the screws to open it up. Remove the speaker and put it all back together. The computer module needs to be plugged in or the security system will cause the engine will not run.

Cool

Drive a Mile, Walk the Rest, I just have to be the first one to ask . How did You come up with your Forum Name? Did You previously own a F@rd or a D@dge?

Just had to be the first to ask. Anyway WELCOME to the Forum!

John
    VOLUNTEER FIRECHIEF "Without COURAGE, all other virtues lose their meaning" Truck Info
    indigodually@hotmail.com
    Member # 7674
    Pulling many trailers including an '03 34' Montana 5'er adapted to G/N
    Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It...Then Sent It Back!

The name came from the first duramax pickup that I owned. It didn't make it home from the dealer. The big problem was the transmission locked into 3rd and no reverse. The cruise was intermittent, the rain would leak in under the dash, etc. I dumped that truck off at the dealer. I was dumb enough to go get another one with a different list of problems.

So dummy,

What's the new list comprised of

Smile

i actually dug into my computer box right after i bought my 02 d/a and assasinated the door chime off the computer board with no adverse effects, its posted here early 02. i leave my door open with radio on alot.
    02 d/a 4x4 crew sb 100k w/original injectors
    84 m1028 34k

Cool

I'll tell You this much, EVERYTHING IS JUNK ! It just is a matter of taste and preference whose junk You want to buy. For example: I have a friend with a 3 yr old D@dge with toolboxes specifically for that truck that are smaller in size than the ones he had on his 17 yr old truck that have torn the bedside. The tear is over 8" long and travelling down and dealer won't do anything about it.
    Whatever You buy will have it's little problems and there are sureto be some real lemons out there but all in all we have a pretty good product here with a few quirks.

Good Luck with Your replacement,

John
    VOLUNTEER FIRECHIEF "Without COURAGE, all other virtues lose their meaning" Truck Info
    indigodually@hotmail.com
    Member # 7674
    Pulling many trailers including an '03 34' Montana 5'er adapted to G/N
    Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It...Then Sent It Back!