Thread: Transfer case variant

Default Transfer case variant

Just having transfer case fluid swap.

Service person says the tag on my transfer case is Nvg 263 np1

I thought my truck only came with the 246 variant. It's that correct/ incorrect.

Thanks!!
    GMC Sierra 2500hd 2004.5 now with ARP studs

For what it's worth, AllDataDIY lists these transfer cases for my '05 DMax:

NVG 149-NP3
    NVG 246-NP8
    NVG 261-NP2
    NVG 263-NP1

In relation to yours, quoted from alldata:
    The NVG 246 EAU transfer case features a 4 button shift control switch located on the instrument panel. When the ignition key is in the RUN position, the transfer case shift control module monitors the transfer case shift control switch to determine if the driver desires a new mode/range position. At a single press of the transfer case shift control switch, the lamp of the new desired position will begin flashing to inform the driver that the transfer case shift control module has received the request for a new mode/range position. The lamp will continue to flash until all shifting criteria has been met and the new mode/range position has been reached, or has been engaged. Once the new mode/range position is fully active, the switch indicator lamp for the new position will remain ON constantly.

The NVG 263 transfer case features a three button shift control switch located on the instrument panel. When the ignition is in the RUN position, the Transfer Case Shift Control Module (TCCM) starts monitoring the transfer case shift control switch to determine if the driver desires a new mode/gear position. At a single press of the transfer case shift control switch, the lamp of the new desired position begins flashing to inform the driver that the TCCM has received the request for a new mode/gear position. The lamp continues to flash until all shifting criteria has been met and the new mode/gear position has been engaged. Once the new mode/gear position is fully active, the switch indicator for the new position remains ON constantly. In the event that the TCCM can not or will not complete the shift, the indicator returns to the previously selected position; this is a Transfer Case Shift Control Switch Indicator Flashes, then Returns to Previous Mode condition.
    so... How many buttons do you have?

Thanks rapidoxidationman,

I ended up going under and taking a picture of the tag, it is a 263. I was incorrect. Also, I have 3 buttons. so that's solved.

Good to know!
    GMC Sierra 2500hd 2004.5 now with ARP studs