Thread: code 1093 again...cp3? or injectors?

Question code 1093 again...cp3? or injectors?

Hello

2 years ago I had 8 injectors and 8 glow plugs replaced under warranty with 148k miles on my truck because I had fuel in my oil. I know have 174k miles and my ses light is on again. I used a code reader to pull the code and cleared it. everytime I clear the the code it re-appers once i mash the pedal and it hits 50 mph and it seems to be a little sluggish with just a little smoke. It starts fine and does not surge.
    I took it into a shop yesterday for diaganostics and this is what they found

1..... checked CP3 pressure low 7000psi ( code p1093 ) during power enrichment

2..... Injector balance test under load #1 3.6....#5 5.2....#7 4.2 out of range. all other injectors within range

They recommend changing CP3 pump and fuel regulator for a cost of 1500.00 parts and labor. To change injectors I was quoted 2100.00.
    The tech told me that changing the pump and reg maybe solve the problem with the injectors being out of range. My funds are limited so I am trying to determine which way I should go with this problem. I am unable to get it to pass smog in california as long as this ses lights stays on..

any help would be greatly appreciated

craigars
    craig

2002 chevy 2500hd crew cab longbed
    duramax/allison
    completely stock
    used to haul kids and pull a small ski boat

2003 harley roadglide/ 95 incher
    105hp / 121ft lbs tq

Whenever a situation like this crops up start with the basics. Check the system restriction first. Consider adding a lift pump setup also for the benefit of the fuel system. It has been my observation that most with injector issues see the frequency of failure increase. I have a Tech Tip dedicated to this:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/Du...20Failures.pdf

Filter restriction gauge that all should have:

Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!