Thread: 285's with the Alli 6 speed

Question 285's with the Alli 6 speed

I have been searching around here before I asked, didn't find anything that answered my questions

what are everyones thoughts about 285/75R16's with the 6 speed Alli?
    I notice now with the 245's is doesn't want to go into 6th 'til 50 mph. I know what the Stealer says

I love the look of the 285's I had on my '04 gasser, have a chance for a set of 285's on 8" wide wheels, just don't know if it is worth it with the D-max & 6 spd Alli
    http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/image.php
    07 GMC CC SB LBZ
    70 monte carlo, original 4 spd, bench seat
    71 monte carlo SS clone, street/strip
    97 grand am, beater

Default 285 away

Just do it! the truck will be fine, I have an 07 classic with 35" tires and stock gearing. The truck shifts around 60 into 6th and stays in until slowing to around 48-50mph. I am going to regear but it works fine. I own a tire shop and we install tons of 285's on 6 speed allisons.

I've got 265's on the stock rim. Only thing I noticed is that milage went down.
    07 Chevrolet Classic, CC, regular box, Duramax Diesel, Magnaflow dual exhaust and Superchips tuned.

Thumbs up

thanks, going to look at them on Monday
    http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/image.php
    07 GMC CC SB LBZ
    70 monte carlo, original 4 spd, bench seat
    71 monte carlo SS clone, street/strip
    97 grand am, beater

Default 285/75

I have a 2006 Dmax with 6spd and i put 285/75's on in march last year. First things first, dont buy cooper discover stt tires if you want something to last a while, one year later and they are at least half way gone. Second, i purchased a banks 6 gun with pda and i have a throttle position sensor as one of my guages, i cant use 6th gear unless im over 85 mph because it is too high, it doesn't lug but it takes about 10 to 15% more throttle to run 6th gear than 5th, i run around town in 3rd and do just fine. If i had any bigger tires i would personally put lower gears in and if you use the 4wheel parts tire and gear ratio exchange chart which you might have done if you looked at tires there it says 373's are the max that you want and are basically only for milage, around town has lost some milage for me. not dramatic but a little bit, seeing as how chevron diesel here in napa california is $4.29 every little bit helps. anyway im not regreting moving to bigger tires just thought i would share my knowledge.