Thread: 89 Jeep Wagoneer with HMMWV 6.2 take-out

Default 89 Jeep Wagoneer with HMMWV 6.2 take-out

Hey everyone. Thsi forum has been literally indispensible through this three or four year long project, so I wanted to post a link to a couple (four total - none really all that good) videos I have posted. The one I am posting a link too was recently taken and is really kind of embarassing cause it is so dark. The intent is to reshoot it this weekend.
    I am far from done with this project. The engine was purchased first, several years ago from Camp Lejuene in Jacksonville NC. I had Edwards machine in Greenville (IIRC) NC do the work. Mike Edwards who owns the place is probably hands down the best deisel machinist in the area. He did a great job on the rotating assy. We did about everything we could to try and make it robust. I would have liked a stronger girdle like I have seen some folks, but it was not in the cards yet. I have another take-out that I will go more extreme with when time permits. Danny at ProBuilt transmission here in wilmington NC did the 700R4, again using every trick he knew of to keep it together, beast sun-shell, 5 gear planetary, so on and so on. Used a Jeep NP208 x-fer from a old J20.
    Anyway, I will post from photobucket where most of my photos are when I have time. But fro now, here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfOfE...feature=relmfu

Hope it works!

Neo
    1996 K2500 Burb, 6.5 TD, M/T 17" rims and Nitto tires, aFe Cold air intake and Stage 7 filter, Banks exhaust, 2.5" x-over, and 3" downpipe. LOADS of plans!
    A Hummaneer - Military Take-Out HMMWV 6.2 rebuilt with loads of goodies, balanced, bp, timing gears, custom 4130 girdle, ARP's top and bottom, high flow water pump, .030 Mahle pistons, etc. in a 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - hence: Hummaneer.

Looking good.

Missy
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Cool project. Took me about 3 years to finish my Grand Cherokee. Yours looks much nicer. Mine was a "budget build".
    1993 K3500 - Peninsular 18:1 engine, marine injectors, high capacity cooling, AL Core Radiator, 3" DP and 4" exhaust, ISSPRO Gauges, Girdle, AMSOIL Dual Oil Filter System, 1997 Air Filter(trashed the K&N), 395K on Body, 165k on engine.
    1997 GMC Savana - 6.5 TD
    1966 CJ5 - V6 Gas - highly modified
    1967 Jeepster - Stock
    1986 Jeep CJ7 - Stock
    1993 Grand Cherokee - 6.2 diesel
    2007 Grand Cherokee - 3.0 diesel

Very nicely done. I like it alot. Good job!
    2004 Chevy K3500 CCLB DRW Duramax. Stock.

1992 Sea Ray 300DA. 30 plus foot Express Cruiser on a trailer. 13,500# boat and trailer and 69' of combined length rolling. Over length/width permitted load.

SOLD-95 GMC K2500 SLE 6.5L TD, Relocated PMD to bumper #9 res., Custom Lowes special induction tube, Triple gauges on the pillar EGT, Trans, Boost, High Idle Mod, TCC-Lock up Mod, Custom Back up camera, DIY Manual Wastegate Controller, 4" from down tube to 5" stacks, Vac Pump Removed,2007 wheels, WMI by Cooling Mist 8gph @3psi 11gph on demand