Thread: info on injector

Default info on injector

Need info how to detect fautly injectot Dmax 6.6 2003
    Engine run smooth, but when i stop at a traffic light and i accelerate lot of white smoke and smell the fuel.
    When run a idle on Park lot of white smoke.Can i be sure that's fautly injector and they must be all replace? Thanks for your help.

check your oil level. If there's too much, that's one indicator.

Arrow

White smoke at idle is one indicator for a faulty injector. Generally, you can see which injector it is by looking at the fuel rates for all eight using a Tech II or other scan tool.

If there's simply no money for replacing all eight for this problem (which is generally recommended), I'd go with replacing just one if the other 7 all look pretty good, based on fuel rate balance.

Jim

A very common mode of LB7 injector failure has been blue/white stinky smoke. The smoke is pretty much non existent when cold, but as the engine warms and particularly at low speeds it will start to get worse.

When this happens a set of 8 is what I would recommend.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

For over a year now, my '02 has had a light black smoke and fuel smell to it. The light smoke does not seem to be constant. When I get on it from a slow roll there is some light to moderate black smoke but ends quickly. Still runs great and gets nearly 18mpg on my short trips around town. Any idea if this is the slow process of injectors failing or the possiblity of something out of calibration or a value not being read correctly by the ECM? Just looking for some ideas.

Thanks, JS
    2002 D/A, Crew Cab S/B 4x4, Light Pewter Metalic, Built 10/12/01, Arrived 11/07/01, LineX, Husky Flaps, Husky floor liners, Lund hood protector, A.R.E. 'Z' Series cap, AutoMeter Boost and EGT gauges, Prodigy brake controller, Cougar 294rls. Member #5013

Default Imjector

Thanks to all for your help. That's steering me in the good way. I'll look for a scan in the next days. I let you know,