Thread: LB7 low voltage to injector#1 -Dead Miss

Default LB7 low voltage to injector#1 -Dead Miss

I have a 03 LB7 200K with low voltage (0.3v) to injector # 1. Others have between 4 & 9V. Wiring harness checks good, all injector including #1 ohm out the same. Anyone heard of this? Suggestions? I'm thinking FICM replacement.

Arrow

If you find nothing downstream of the FICM (and it appears you didn't), then it sounds like you lost a driver, which makes the FICM the likely suspect. What DTC's are you seeing? PWM dwell? Balance rates? #1 should be off the scale.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

The only code I have is for glow plug.

I do not have anything to tell me the rest of the data. I checked the voltage and resistance from the upstream side of the injector plugs with the truck running.

Arrow

You really need the diagnostic data. Without it, you won't know if the FICM has failed, or if the PCM is commanding the voltage. If it does in fact have a "dead miss", it should be detected by the PCM, and it should attempt to compensate. If it fails to compensate, it should then set the MIL, and associated DTC's should be present. It would also likely set Limp Mode (reduce power and RPM).

Which "glow plug code"? If it's only P0380, it won't affect any other system operation. Other GP codes may, depending on the emission system region programming.

If you have ANY aftermarket program/programmer or power adder installed, it should be removed (physically) before attempting any diagnosis. More often than not, that alone "cures" issues such as this.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

If you are "tapping" to get the voltage wouldn't it be possible that the injector in question has a short that is draining the voltage? Electrical is not my strong suit, but we seldom see the FICM go bad although a lot of people replace them (wishful thinking) with no change.

I have heard them fail dropping entire injector groups.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

PO380 is the only code.

I checked voltage on both sides of injectors and checked harness for short to ground and continuity.

I agree I need the data, any suggestions on best diagnostic tool to purchase?

OK let's make sure I'm following this correctly:

1) You have a dead miss on one cylinder and no/low voltage to the injector in question

2) The only DTC present is P0380 glow plug feedback?

The next thing I'd be looking at is what the balance rate is for the injector in question.

I would assume that it would be +15.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!