As a Cruze Eco owner I have been watching the diesel cruze come to market with some thought. Although I love the Eco and the above epa rating MPG's I'm getting as well Im just not sure I can justify the extra expense.

Some of the extra $$ goes to the upgraded options such as climate control, heated seats, spare tire, etc. I could really care less about most of the upgrades, I drive a 1995 saturn as my commuter car) so the extra cost doesn't interest me. I also priced the bigger 18" tires and found that exact replacements were $320 EACH.

The computer mpgs of my eco are just like yours, spot on. On several occasions running a 400 mile round trip from home to see the kid at college, I've seen 25 mile rolling average above 50mpg. Unfortunately it only seems to go to 50 for the rolling average. The round trip, which included some around town stop and go plus the 20 miles of goat path to get to the highway impacted my overall mpgs but I still averaged 46-47.

Then of course there is the .50 to .60 cents more expensive diesel fuel issue...

For me the diesel just doesn't make sense however I'm still very interested in it's development

Big Green