Thread: need to know where this thing goes BAD.

Default need to know where this thing goes BAD.

i have been building a 6.5 for about the past 3 months. the motor is out of a 1996 gmc sierra 3500 4x4 crew cab. i got the truck about a year ago with a bad crank in it. i finally got around pulled the motor and fixed the crank re-did the heads the hole 9yards. im extreamly close to putting the motor back in but. there is a line running from the top of the injection pump. the line i geus acts as a vacuum for the injectors. well on one end of the line it has one that like t's off twards the front of the motor. i have no clue what it hooks to. thanks for your time
    Attached Images Attached Images

All of our injectors have a calibrated leak/bypass. This leak is collected and returned to the tank. That's what the little "vacuum tube" daisy-chained between each injector is. Additionally, the lift pump provides more fuel volume than the engine can use. The excess is also bled off and returned to the tank. Those three (left- and right-bank injectors, lift pump) are collected, and returned together. The tube you show going down, should actually be going back along the right side of the intake manifold, to its mating tube on the firewall--with another few inches of rubber hose. The "gozinta" and "gozouta" fuel tubes are right next to each other just behind the fuel/filter manager.

thank you so mutch i had actualy figuerd it out opon further inspection of the actual lines on the truck. i could not find a return from the fule bowl so i had just asumed that it was the only returne. but i have 2 more questions. 1 the fule bowl has a drain line that has a t-valve at the end is it just suposed to hang to the bottom front of the motor or does it actualy hoke to somthing. 2 the vacuum pum does hook direcktly to the turbo sol vlv then from the turbo sol vlv to the waist gate actuator. thank you once agin trumendise help.

as for the fuel line with the "T", that is the line you use to help bleed the system, it just hangs down so you can catch the fuel when bleeding the system, it doesn't connect to anything.

The vac system, I'm not sure how the lines connect, someone will chime in there, my truck doesn't have a vac pump.
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook

ok kool i have all the lines on the motor ready. i have one last question will i have to take the motor to have it timed. i mean when i put the new crank in i put it all dot to dot. when i put in the injection pump i made shure that it was dot to dot also. just dont know if i had to hav the computer flashed or what. any tips on trying to start this thing.