Hi all,

Yep. I bit on the "cast in Canada" line and hasve paid dearly. I compared $$ figures on rebuilding using a Canada blocak and heads. The Canada block went back immediately becuase the tooling for the oil spray ports had contacted the bottom of two cylinders. Also there must have been two ounces of machining vludge in the bottom. The crate was marked Canada but leary of the block. The cylinder looked okay fom 5 feet away. 2 inches away and cleaned up with solvent and the casting pores appeared. So i spray "blued" the head surfaces and flat bar 1500 grit sand papered off the bluing. It resembled an old nursury ryhme about the plaque with pock marks. Looked worse than a teenage boy with severe acne. I measured the depths of the valves - exhaust ranged from -0.033" to -0.041", intake ranged from -0.039" to -0.051". The pre-cups are of course magnetic.

I bought them from Bostic Motors on Ebay - no hassle with the return of the block but I did have another 110 mile round trip to the shipping location.

Another reason the old saying remains the same - you get what you cheaply pay for. AMG here I come baby.

Oh, I have another short block that I need a set of heads for to sell off. I can't in a good concious even put these on that Sb and sell them.

Jerry