Thread: P101 Code

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default P101 Code

I have an LBZ mouthpiece and induction tube on my LLY. I also have my EGR blocked. After 1500 miles without a problem, I was driving in a hard rain. My air box is modified and my stock filter got wet. I threw a P0101 code. I thoght it was from the wet filter. Changed filter and cleaned MAF. SES came back after a few key cycles and continued to get more frequent. Now it comes back almost immediately. I have since gone back to stock air box. I have CA emmissions. Would a egr block contribute to this code? (I thought that was P104). Any ideas on what could be causing this or what I should do?
    2005 GMC Sierra 4X4 CC
    Diablo Predator
    Egr Plate
    LBZ mouthpiece and induction tube
    BD manifold
    4" no cat exhaust

So it still does it with the stock induction?

Please explain further what mods you have done to the air box itself. Is it the rectangular filter or round?

The CA emissions trucks are pretty darn fussy. The P0101 code is likely related to the changes that you made. In order to diagnose the other code (104? likely P0401) I'll need the full DTC number.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

My air box is back to stock now. I did (I think, your) Kennedey air box mod. That can no longer be the problem as I have eliminated it. and gone back to the square stock box. My mouth piece and induction tube mod is the Killer Bee (can I say that?) induction overhaul kit. When I first put on my 4" exhaust, EGR plate, and cat delete I generated the P0401 code. I used my Predator to block that and it has not come back since. Then I installed the induction kit. No problem for 1500 miles. Then rain, a wet air filter and the P0101 code. At first every 200 miles or 3 or 4 key cycles. Now almost immediately. Cleaning the MAF with Maf cleaner has not helped. I've cleaned the contacts on the plug as well. It doesn't effect performance, but I would like to know what it is and get rid of that stupid light on my dash. I really don't want to use EFI to block the diagnostic as that seems to be a bandaid repair. I have not gone back to stock induction to see if that would eliminate the problem. I have just received the parts to go back to that if all else fails.
    2005 GMC Sierra 4X4 CC
    Diablo Predator
    Egr Plate
    LBZ mouthpiece and induction tube
    BD manifold
    4" no cat exhaust

go back to stock, clear the codes and see what happens.