Thread: Fuel injectors and pump horror stories….

Default Fuel injectors and pump horror stories….

I’ll be having a reman engine install shortly, and when searching for injectors and a pump,
    All I see is horror stories from guys that have bought them from all the dealers, I haven’t seen anyone that’s gotten
    Good reviews, I can’t see why the cost of injectors is 1/2 the cost of the engine.

Thoughts
    06 1ton 4X4 duramax/6speed ext.cab WT
    Hummer wheels :^)
    dual lift pump
    Banks air intake

Get them from Kennedy then you will not be posting horror stories
    I paid $9000.00 for 6 injectors and the HUEY pump for my C7 Cat this summer.
    The price for them from a Cat dealer was double.I wasn't planning to go that route but the shop i sent them to had their testing bench die just before my stuff got on the bench.They were going to reseal the injector bodies and test my pump.
    Truck runs great now,the derating issue went away and no more diesel in the oil.
    Still $9000.00 is a pile of cash
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

So is $6300 for a reman long block, then $3,340.00 for reman injectors..then theres a fuel pump..*gulp*
    dual lift pump
    Banks air intake

Price out a replacement truck *double gulp*
    If i wasn't able to do what your planning to do myself i would be looking for a shop to do it.
    Have you checked out what it would cast to have the work done by experts in the duramax ?
    It may cost a bit more, but the peace of mind knowing that your truck will be good for another 18+ years motor wise anyway.
    I would compare a price from Kennedy to what you have so far with their experience in mind.The final product may be worth the extra cost.
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon6.2 View Post
    Price out a replacement truck *double gulp*
    If i wasn't able to do what your planning to do myself i would be looking for a shop to do it.
    Have you checked out what it would cast to have the work done by experts in the duramax ?
    It may cost a bit more, but the peace of mind knowing that your truck will be good for another 18+ years motor wise anyway.
    I would compare a price from Kennedy to what you have so far with their experience in mind.The final product may be worth the extra cost.
    I have a shop that has a diesel guy..he's done them before, My truck is like new, the chevy dealer said it would cost $8-10k to
    replace the head gaskets ,, Im pricing injectors as we speak, along with a fuel pump and oil pump..
    dual lift pump
    Banks air intake