Thread: Retrax Roll Top Repair

Default Retrax Roll Top Repair

Soon after I purchased my 2003 2500HD D/A Crew Cab in October 2002 I installed a Retrax Roll Top purchased from John Kennedy and it has been a great addition to my truck and totally trouble free until this past weekend. I was getting the truck ready to haul some plywood and lumber for a friend so I emptied the bed of the bed of some accessories I keep in two plastic storage bins that fit tightly under the roll top canister. After removing them I couldn’t close the Roll Top curtain so I left it open and went on to the lumber yard to pick up the lumber. When I got back home I removed the canister cover and found the plastic bracket the supports the canister had cracked allowing the canister to drop down causing the Roll Top to bind up (see attached pictures). I realized the storage containers had been supporting it so to fix it I measured and cut two blocks of wood (attached pics) to support each side of the canister – it’s now good as new. I’m thinking I should also paint the blocks Black to improve the look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bill
    03 2500HD D/A CC/SB/4WD,OilGuard, MegaFilter,LiftPump/PreFilter, Bilsteins,RetraxRollTop,J&J Boards,Coolant Filter,AlliDeepPan,FastIdle,AllHeadLightsOn,
    98 K3500 6.5,SOLD