Thread: DD 3-53 Parts Info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by DmaxMaverick View Post
    Welcome aboard!

If it is a military service replacement engine, it is very likely to have application-specific appointments (not available in the civilian market, and unique to that application). Your best bet is to locate the military asset tag, then find the manual for the equipment it is used. Many/most mil-spec manuals for older equipment are available online, and usually cover everything, down to the nuts & bolts.

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought there was a reason I could not find anything on it. The 5038-7001 model designation is assigned to "Vehicular" from what I can find. There is no asset tag or valve cover parts tag.

I appreciate your input. Thanks

I have two step-sons who are heavy equipment diesel mechanics, once I get the missing parts they will assist (or I assist them more likely) to get the thing running.

Default Expert help needed DD 3-53

Quote Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I thought there was a reason I could not find anything on it. The 5038-7001 model designation is assigned to "Vehicular" from what I can find. There is no asset tag or valve cover parts tag.

I appreciate your input. Thanks

I have two step-sons who are heavy equipment diesel mechanics, once I get the missing parts they will assist (or I assist them more likely) to get the thing running.

Have looked everywhere including the library of congress and DOD service manuals and records for the parts manual and build to list for the 5038-7001 with no success. The application I will use the engine for a firewood processor, nothing special. A couple dealers sent me parts manuals that do not address the 5038-7001, and I was told there was no such designation.. took a pic of the MO/SM engravings on the block, I'm not misreading the ID. Since the configuration does not matter to me, can I assume going with the standard parts I need. Really frustrating when DD Corporate cannot help and sends you on wild goose chases...

Thanks for your consideration.