Thread: Allison cooler line fitting sizes?

Default Allison cooler line fitting sizes?

Anybody know the thread size for the fittings which enter and exit on the transmission? My cooler upgrade project is not quite the plug and play swap I was hoping for. I'm probably not as clever as Ranch55! I'm thinking of swapping out the cooler lines with some AN-10 fittings/hose for a clean installation.
    Thanx
    2002 Chevy 2500HD LS D/A CC SB 4X4 Summit White Med. Gray Leather, Stretch Tailgate Extender, Kodiak Sidewinder Retracting Steps, PowerGate tailgate lock, Line-X under rail, Lucerix X-Mount Mirrors, American Racing Pythons 16X8 Chrome, Michlein LTx 285 75R 16\'s, Rancho 4.5", Fumoto, Valentine 1

What kind of TOC are you using? I have some custom made fittings for the Jiffy Tite interface.
    Michael 04.5 SRW LLY

custom stock intake, upsized boost tubes, Pre-turbo WMI, EFILive custom tune, Aerotech Scan Gauges.

Go Smokeless!

I'm installing a Long H7B with 1/2" NPT fittings on the cooler. No problem there, as the OEM cooler fittings are 1/2" NPT. My difficulty is the hard piped cooling line to the larger cooler places quite a bit of side stress on the connections unless I tilt the cooler at a 45 degree angle. I don't like that option. So I thought I would just replace both cooler lines back to the transmission. I have not disconnected and un-threaded the fittings at the transmiision yet. That's the thread size location I'm interested in. I'll take it apart in the morning and figure it out. I was hoping someone would know and save me a little time and effort.
    Thanx for the reply
    2002 Chevy 2500HD LS D/A CC SB 4X4 Summit White Med. Gray Leather, Stretch Tailgate Extender, Kodiak Sidewinder Retracting Steps, PowerGate tailgate lock, Line-X under rail, Lucerix X-Mount Mirrors, American Racing Pythons 16X8 Chrome, Michlein LTx 285 75R 16\'s, Rancho 4.5", Fumoto, Valentine 1

Quote Originally Posted by pushpole View Post
    I was hoping someone would know and save me a little time and effort.
    Thanx for the reply

Use a setrab 920. Goes right in place as long as you can fab some brackets. The lines line up perfectly

Having to replace transmission lines, sounds like a bummer, when I assume you wanted to save money.
    Michael 04.5 SRW LLY

custom stock intake, upsized boost tubes, Pre-turbo WMI, EFILive custom tune, Aerotech Scan Gauges.

Go Smokeless!