Thread: Anybody heard of Real Diesel in NC

Default Anybody heard of Real Diesel in NC

I won a eBay auction to have my injectors rebuilt from Real Diesel in NC. Has anybody had heard of this company? They have my money and my injectors as of last Monday. I've seen bad and good reviews on them.
    Jeff

Arrow

I haven't heard anything about them.

I try to sway people away from eBay auctions for fuel injection and engine-related parts - unless you know them well, they are selling new name-brand parts, and/or have a big positive selling history.

I bought a set of rod/main bearings recently from an eBay store. These were new, high-quality and name-brand factory-boxed bearings, and the seller had a huge positive seller rating. There were many less expensive bearing options available on eBay, probably made in China stuff. You get what you pay for. There's too much at stake when assembling an engine or replacing the fuel injectors to risk bad or poor quality parts from an unknown vendor. I'd rather pay the going rate for guaranteed parts and know that the vendor is reliable.

Jim

PS: If I were to begin selling injectors on eBay, I'd contact the administrator for all of the diesel boards/forums letting them know who I was and what I was offering on eBay. Then, I'd let the admins know about my warranty and the quality of the product. This wouldn't cost the vendor anything but a little time. I can't explain why the plethora of diesel-related vendors on eBay don't do that.

I was going to go with Pensacola diesel. I'm starting to wish I did. If Real Diesel would communicate maybe I wouldn't stress out so much.
    Jeff

I saw a forum signature somewhere that went something like this:

Would you take low bid on a heart transplant?

Pensacola? Seriously?
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Good point. I thought pensecola diesel was a good company.
    Jeff

Google it once.

Better yet, we keep them on the shelf along with many other supporting items and Tech Tips etc
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Default hey have you ever recieved your injectors back from realdiesel?

have you ever recieved your injectors back

Yes I did 3 months later. By that time I already bought some remans from partszoneonline.com I had them looked at by a local diesel shop and they didn't think they were rebuilt at all. I found dirt inside the nozzles. Also the needle inside the nozzle looked worn out. I never expected to see them again. I was shocked they were sent back.
    Jeff