To make a long story short, we were on our way to watch the fireworks last night when I started my 2003 2500HD and right away it started making an loud banging noise and blowing huge amounts of BLACK smoke from the exhaust. I quickly shut off the truck. We looked under the hood expecting to find oil and scattered aluminum only to find nothing. I called the dealer this morning and had it towed in at around 7:30 a.m. they called back a little while ago and said "Looks like the number 2 cylinder is coming apart. We need to r&r the valve cover and check it out. It will be around $650.00 to do that." Gentleman, I am not independtly wealthy, nor do I believe that my engine is "coming apart". I think it is a faulty injector stuck open. I am on my two week summer vacation and I use my truck everyday. I need my truck. I love my truck. I emplore you to help me find a solution or similar circumstance that you can share to help me through this troubled time. Thankyou for the use of your site. Sincerely Greg A. McPherson.