Thread: Dic olm

Default Dic olm

Overnight with the truck not being used my oil life monitor went from 30% to zero %. Any thought as to why this occured? Fuel filter life remained as left the night before????

Try cleaning and tightening the battery cables. My 2006 D/A was resetting the hour meter to zero often and for no reason. I found a post on the DP that GM has a service bulletin out that said to clean and tighten the battery cables. I cleaned and tighten them and it has not happened again for over a year. They were tight and clean but I wire brushed the connections and tightened them really tight.
    Good luck
    John
    *2006 Chevy, 3500, 4X4, DRW, (LBZ) D/A, CC, LT, 252K Miles, 19.5" Wheels, Mag Hytec Transmission Pan and Differential Cover, SS Grill Guard, Racor 2 micron aux fuel filter, 100 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank, using Edge Evolution, Predator Diablosport, Kennedy ECM tune, Fitch Fuel Catalyst.

*2006 Four Winds, Dutchman, 36', RV, D/A, 5500 Kodiak.
    *1993 Harley Davidson, Turbo charged, Springer Softail.
    *2007 Pontiac Solstice.
    *2005 Jeep, Liberty, CRD (diesel).
    *Full-timing in USA, see America first.

BUY AMERICAN or CANADIAN, NOTHING from CHINA .

Will try...
    What does D/A and DP mean?
    Do you also have a picture of your aux fuel filter setup you could share?
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by CoyleJR View Post
    Try cleaning and tightening the battery cables. My 2006 D/A was resetting the hour meter to zero often and for no reason. I found a post on the DP that GM has a service bulletin out that said to clean and tighten the battery cables. I cleaned and tighten them and it has not happened again for over a year. They were tight and clean but I wire brushed the connections and tightened them really tight.
    Good luck
    John
    I have had no issues with my DIC oil and filter life resetting, but the engine hours resets itself every so often. Right now my truck is averaging 808 mph since new. Not bad for a stock truck!

The hour meter has reset itself several times and is not related to battery cable tightness. I replaced both batteries this past summer and a couple of months later another reset. Oh well, I really don't care. Every time it resets (total miles/hours) my average speed increases. You gotta love it.
    Ed
    KM4STL

'06 Sierra LBZ 4x4 Crew SB, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, TTT/Schefenacker Mirrors
    '98 Suburban, 245,000 - sold 7-4-06

Hi Silvdur,
    You might want to update your signature line to add in your truck details including upgrades and such. That helps some of the experts here (not me!) get you dialed in when you have issues.

"What does D/A and DP mean?"
    Duramax/Allison and "Diesel Page".

Dave
    Dave, N9LOV
    Member #242
    Dave's Diesels:
    Sold June, 07 '82 1/2 ton 4X4;340k miles
    '97 2 Dr Tahoe, Intercooled,
    Kennedy ECM, 4" Exhaust
    '02 GMC

Updated

Updated try#2