Thread: Trailer brakes

Question

Does anyone make a trailer an "electric" trailer brake system that is pressure sensitive? A system that can progressivly apply pressure, like your pedal, and not go into full lockdown? I have heard of a system that does but, a seperate "brake line" must be added to the box. I would like to have one with only wires.

Burner
    2003 GMC SLT CC 4x4 SB-Cooper Tires-Speed Liner-Activator II-Full length ICI SS step bars B&W Goose & more to come
    -- Member #7527
    E-Mail -->Twomuchplay(at)AOL(dot)com

Jordan makes a controller called the 2020 Ultima. It connects to your brake pedal arm with a cable and proportionally controls the trailer brakes as force is applied.

I have it and am very impressed with it's performance. It has a display which indicates errors, proper connection and current flow thru the brakes. Once properly set, (takes only a few applications of the brakes) it works seemlessly and makes the truck stop as if there was nothing behind it.

Check them out at www.jordanbrake.com. They're priced comparable to other controllers but don't rely on inertia.

Regards, Steve

SoCalDMAX:
    I've been looking at the Jordan Ultima and the Prodigy. I've read that the Prodigy is a good unit too, and I'm not interested in starting a brand war - I just have a question about the Ultima installation. According to the Jordan website, there are three wires to hook up. Does it connect to the GM-supplied wiring harness?
    thanks
    \'02 GMC SLT 2500HD CC SB 4X4<br />Westin Chrome Step Bars/Extang Classic Platinum Tonneau/Ameraguard sprayed bedliner<br />Bilsteins/Fumoto

I installed my Jordan Ultima 2020 brake controller last month on my truck and it was an easy and clean job. It only took me a few hours to install it (with first time experience). There are only three wires to hook up and it all connects to the GM supplied wiring harness and then it plugs into the small fuse panel on the driver side. There is a bracket that connect to the brake pedal arm, and that is where the brake line cable from the brake controller is connected to. I have not tow anything much yet but it appears to be a very good product to me.
    2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD<br />Ext. Cab SB 4x4 LS<br />6.0L/HD Auto.

Yes.
    John - 2002 GMC 2500 SLE D/A CC LB 2WD, linex, 16K Husky, Timbrens, Jordon, 2003 Golden Falcon 29RLDS