Thread: '05 Lly Tsb 1850306

Default '05 Lly Tsb 1850306

Hey,
    I just bought my truck and the temp runs at 210 under both unloaded and towing, so I took it to the dealer and told them about 1850306, they "tested" the engine and said it qualified for the TSB, so they ordered parts and installed a '06 air cleaner, which appears to have a larger feed tube. Anyway, the new tube wasn't long enough to reach the input to the engine, so the tech hacked off a 5" piece of the old tube and used a hose clamp. Now I maybe be picky, but if a factory modification doesn't fit, I call the factory, not get out my trusty hacksaw. I have seen the temps go down to 190, but then go back up to 210 and then back down. but, I think the reduction in tube size has defeated the whole purpose. Anyone else have this mod done with the same results? Any advice?

i have an 05 lly with a kn cold air intake and 5" exhaust and can't get up to 190, I run 180 with the winter cover on.
    2005 2500 D/A Ext. Cab 4x4 SLE LLY- Edge Juice w/Attitude and Predator. KN Cold Air intake, 5" exhaust, Kennedy Boost Stick

Default 208F Constant Engine Temp

My 05 LLY runs a rock solid temp of 208F, whether towing over mountains or unloaded on the interstate. I don't think my truck has ever run a much different engine temp.

BTW, the cooling fan does come ON, for a short period, during the steeper mountain pulls, though. I didn't feel 208F was a problem.

Jim M.
    '05 2500HD D/A CC SB 4x4 Silver LS ~65,000+ mi.
    Isspro EGT (pre-turbo) & Boost analog guages; 4" Magnaflow exhaust; Superchips programmer; Uni-Foam Air Filter; Boost stick w/ext.; Amsoil Lubrication products; Aux. fuel filter (Post OEM); FilterMags on oil, fuel, and trans; Bilstein shocks; Amsoil Dual Remote oil bypass; 60 gal. In-bed RDS Aux. fuel tank; Prodigy electric brake controller; VR3 Color Back-up Camera System, Battery tender
    '10 Coachmen FW 35RLDS ~35', 11k lbs.(loaded)