Thread: 2006 LBZ intake

Question 2006 LBZ intake

Hi I am new to the site. Wondering if anyone has any recomendations on an intake system for the 2006 LBZ. I already have the cat back Banks exhaust and was wondering if anyone has tried any brand out there besides Banks.

Quote Originally Posted by gs300zx
    Hi I am new to the site. Wondering if anyone has any recomendations on an intake system for the 2006 LBZ. I already have the cat back Banks exhaust and was wondering if anyone has tried any brand out there besides Banks.

The stock air box is really nice on the LBZ's, I would not waste the money. Just keep the filter clean and enjoy!

I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but wonder what your opinion is on the BEST performance intake for the LB7s?
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Best flowing? Best filtering? Everyones needs are a little different.

Mark,
    I have an S&B intake on my '02 LB7. A while back someone posted an independent test using the ISO 5011 test on several filters and found the stock filter did the best filtering but sacrificed flow. Recently Diesel Power Mag had an article on aftermarket air intake systems. They said no difference on the dyno. My guess is that it takes more than just the intake to show something on the dyno. Dan's question is very pertinent. What's important to you for best performance.

Micheal Tomac uses a homemade intake with K&N filter, which the ISO 5011 tests have shown allow alot of dirt to get by, but he has one of the fastest LB7's I know about.

S&B does test it's filters using the ISO 5011 test and claims improved flow without sacrificing filtering, so for me it gives me the performance I'm looking for...more air flow than stock without letting the dirt in.

I guess it comes down to what performance means to you.

Jeff
    2002 D/A Crewcab shortbox 4x4,Victory Red, LT265 Cooper ST, Extreme alloys, Truxedo, 4" Flo-Pro turbo back, S&B intake, Predator

Is it possible to put an LBZ intake on an LB7?

Matt
    mattb5150@hotmail.com

1993 K2500 HD ext.cab 4x4 - SOLD

2003 GMC K2500HD SLT EXTRA CAB/SB DMAX/ALLI, Bilsteins, Sulastic Shackles, Pitman & Idler braces, KD Headlight Harness, CAT filtration, Lift pump w/KD harness, Denali Door handles, Yukon exterior mirrors

2003 Yamaha Grizzly 660 Stoopider FAST

1996 VW Passat TDI 48mpg - SOLD