Thread: 0 to 60 times

Default 0 to 60 times

I have an 2002 Duramax crew cab. I have had is since it was new. I just started thinking about a new truck this year and decided instead to put some money into the one I have instead. I went with an Edge juice /w attitude. My fastest 0 to 60 time was 9.9 seconds. With the edge set to 5 with fuel boost set to 5 and shift defuel disabled I hit 6.8 seconds my first run. I was blown away. The only other thing I have done to this truck is dropped in a K & N. Now I can't wait to see if I actually get any better mileage. I am wondering what some other people are getting for zero to 60 times. I did my test without any brake torque and just floored it smoothly when the light turned green. If I floor it too fast or use the brake at all the wheels spin soo fast it shifts too soon. Also I am using the attitudes built in 0-60 monitor. I tried a 1/4 run and as soon as I got to 80MPH the truck fell on its face and the check engine light came on and has stayed on since. Not sure what that's all about so I set it back to stock and have to take it to the dealer. Truck only has 60k on it and it's hardest job is pulling the boat about 2 miles from the house to the launch.

Arrow

My guess is your Allison limped and set code P0700, or you may have set either P0089 or 0091, which are fuel-rail pressure related. This could be caused by an fuel filter that's overdue for replacement, low fuel level in the tank (sucked some air) or some combination. These code will reset after a few ignition cycles. Or you can read/rest the codes using an aftermarket programmer or Tech II scan tool.

The Attitude is OK for measuring performance changes, and tracking vehicle performance over time, but you'll get better times using a genuine performance meter like a G-Tech or by visiting a track. You need to load the engine by powerbraking before launching. Also, 4WD will produce quicker times, which reduce wheelspin.

Low to mid 6 second 0-60 runs are typical for an Edge/Att combo, which will translate into low 15's for the 1/4 (in a typical 4WD crew or extended cab). It's a rush!

Knowing what codes were set will help you determine what needs attention now.....

Jim

Okay found out that it was P0746 something about a stuck silenoid. I had the code cleared at an autozone and stopped using the #5. I got a 15.4 1/4 mile with it on the #4 setting so I'm happy. I am having the allison shift kit that adds 50HP holding capabilities and also switching to full synthetic transmission fluid some racing formula by Amsoil. The guys at the shop tell me this will be enough to upgrade to the HOT and everything should hold up fine. And I actually get half a second lower 0 to 60 times when I use the brake. My tires just roast. If i only slowly press the pedal all the way down the tires don't break loose too bad. It's nuts the way they light up when it shifts to second gear.

Unhappy

Okay the learning curve is getting steeper. Hearing a lot of mixed ideas from reputable sources. Transgo say just having thier shift kit professionally installed will hold anything my edge w/attitude will put out. I called edge and they tell me the Bullydog kit will allow me to run on the #5 setting. Several replies to emails are telling me that I need to do a stage 3 at minimum. Which makes no sense, because people are going to the drag strip with stage 3 kits from suncoast and also pulling sleds. ALL i want to do is be able to run it on the #5 setting and not have to worry if i decide someone should be in my mirror. It has be to a huge difference in the amount of stress the transmission sees when the truck is not pulling a load.
    2002 crewcab 60k stock w/ K&N best 0-60 9.9
    June 2006 added Edge w/attitude best 0-60 on setting #5 6.8... 1/4 mile on setting #4 15.4

Arrow

If you prep the Allison's Adaptive Learn, you can run a 150 box - at least for a while.... By prepping the Adaptive Learn, I mean do a few full-on accelerations with stock power before using a power adder. This way the Allison will shift more aggressively and accept a little more input torque. However, if you do this a lot at 100+ hp, it'll eventually degrade the torque handling capability, resulting in more limps and a trans upgrade $$.

Jim