Thread: 12 mpg

Unhappy 12 mpg

my 06 'lbz only get 12 mpg doesn't matter how I drive. Anyone getting better or did somerhing that made it better

Read my post about my LBZ power/mileage improvement. My truck is a 2500HD, crew cab 4X4 long bed. When I bought it, the previous owner was getting just under 13, and that was over the life of the truck, he said he never re-set the computer, so I was not impressed. I changed the air filter because it was clogged, and then reset the computer and drove it normal and got as high as 16 in-town driving. I think it improved for me because I was running empty and he was towing a small construction job site trailer most of the time. I did get better stock mileage with my (2) previous LLY trucks, I think this LBZ may have more emission equipment that is hurting mileage, I did see what looks like a CAT converter under this one, the last truck did not have one, not sure if it was removed by the previous owner or just did not come with one. I have read of people claiming 20+, I have not seen it with this truck, my first LLY was the same exact truck as this one and was bone stock, it got as high as 20 on the thruway running empty, got 16 in city driving, and 14 towing 8000 lbs.

NutNbutGMC Guest

Getting 12 - 13 here but it isn't broke in just yet. Bought it in July of 07 and just turned 4,400 miles on Saturday morning.

20+ is obtainable and thru the cat as well. To do this takes tuning, quality fuel, AND decent driving conditions/habits.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Mr Kennedy, would you care to give an estimate of what cost would be involved and what parts/equipment would be needed to attain that level of economy? Have heard people say that whatever you spend on a tuner will never be recovered in fuel savings, but if you could increase mileage 8+ mpg, it would be a considerable savings over 30 to 50K miles.

NutNbutGMC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pete m View Post
    Mr Kennedy, would you care to give an estimate of what cost would be involved and what parts/equipment would be needed to attain that level of economy? Have heard people say that whatever you spend on a tuner will never be recovered in fuel savings, but if you could increase mileage 8+ mpg, it would be a considerable savings over 30 to 50K miles.
    http://kennedydiesel.com/