Thread: Monster Transmissions

Default Monster Transmissions

Has anybody had any experience with Monster Transmissions? I'm considering replacing my 700R4 and I don't want to go to a rebuilder again.
    My specs are 1983 Suburban 4x4 with 2002 6.5L GM crate engine. I'm non-turbo.
    Thanks.
    \'83 Chev 4x4 Suburban; 3/4 ton; <BR>6.5L non turbo; replaced the original 6.2L with new GM motor<BR>4:10 gear<BR>new 700R4 trans <BR>B&M Deep Trans Pan<BR>Autometer Trans Temp Gauge<BR>Rear Heater & A/C

Sorry to say that I have not heard anything.

Every 700R I have had to replace I have benched it myself.

The 700R is a simple box to go through.

Ya need a few special seal installers, a slide puller to get the pump out of the front and a small press will do fine to compress the clutch piston spring assemblies.

Transgo makes a great shift kit and there are some real good publications on the needed upgrades.

These are not all that mysterious and doing it yourself can save big $$$$

The last 700 I did cost me about $800 in parts

Good luck with however you decide to go
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Look for someone in your area that specializes in race engines/transmissions. I had a local race shop rebuild the 4L60E in my wife's Envoy, and was blown away by the quality, service, and price. I felt great about his ability, and it's been driving great since.

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Thanks for the replies. I did some research on Monster Transmissions in Florida and the bad replies were heavy and plentiful. I don't think I'm going to take that chance.
    Can anybody on here recommend a good rebuilder in the Greensboro, NC area or a reputable online site? I have had 3 from Jasper Engines and Transmissions and 3 rebuilds from a local rebuilder over the past 15-18 years. Nothing seems to live very long behind the diesel. In each case, it was built for a diesel.
    My current problem is good shifting through 3rd and sometimes 4th. But after it warms up and downshift, it won't go back into 4th. I have adjusted and tweeked the TV cable to no avail.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.
    \'83 Chev 4x4 Suburban; 3/4 ton; <BR>6.5L non turbo; replaced the original 6.2L with new GM motor<BR>4:10 gear<BR>new 700R4 trans <BR>B&M Deep Trans Pan<BR>Autometer Trans Temp Gauge<BR>Rear Heater & A/C

Several years ago I had trouble keeping a torque converter in the 700R4 behind my turbo 6.2L. The lock-up function kept burning out. I think it was due to cheaply rebuilt torque converters. I had Phoenix Transmissions out of Texas build me a custom TC, and that solved my issues. You might give them a call:

http://www.phoenixtrans.com/

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

you might take a look at divetrain.com out of Las Vegas great info parts, and rebuilds.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

Thanks very much!

Cook's transmission in Spartanburg,SC.. they do racing trannys, street,strip,dirt... very top shelf shop but not cheap...
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook