TheDieselPage.com Forums  
2014 - TDP's 19th Year
What's New: | Feature Articles: | Product Reviews: | Member's Area: | Subscribe:
Duramax 6600 Diesel Page | Advertiser's Section | Classified Ads | Photo Album | Diesel Books, GM Licensed T-shirts

Go Back   TheDieselPage.com Forums > Chevrolet & GMC 2500HD/3500 Light Trucks > Duramax 6600
Register FAQ Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Duramax 6600 Discussion Forum for the Duramax 6600 Diesel Engine, including the LB7, LLY, LBZ & LMM engine specific topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 07:10 PM
Contributor

Question

I have a 2003 LB7 with automatic. I don't have the "diesel supplement" that tells the capacities. How many quarts of oil should I add with a filter change? I added 11. Does that sound right? It looked perfect on the stick, from what I could tell.

Man, oil ran everywhere, all over the floor! I put the Fumoto in (the one with the nipple). Does it need a hose or will it clear the skid plate when draining without the hose?
Old 01-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Arrow

Book says 10 quarts, but this assumes a complete drain. A quick lube center I frequent usually puts in about 9-1/2.

How you check the oil level can make a difference on the stick. I like to let the "at operating temp" engine sit for a few minutes before checking.

Don't know about the Fumoto....

MP
Old 01-31-2005, 08:32 PM
mdrag

Cool

Fumoto with the nipple on my '01 LB7 and oil clears the skid plate without a hose.
Closed Thread