Thread: New Duramax Tuning Software!

Kennedy Guest

www.efilive.com will be releasing their tuning and datalogging/scan software shortly. I've been playing a bit with the tuning part, and it's prety darn neat! It will be available at the consumer level also. At present it does the GM LS1 gas etc. and the Dmax LB7, but the LLY is not that far behind!

Claven Guest

So does this mean you'll be able to produce tuning the same as the programers and boxes, also I read in this sight that member "Tim Tapper" has Allison tuning software on his laptop, do you have this also? Is this available to the puplic?

[ 12-01-2005, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: Claven ]

Kennedy Guest

Dunno about Allison "tuning" software, but Allison DOC is data monitoring which I have.

EFI live will be available to John Q in a consumer version. I will have a Commercial or Workshop version which will allow me to do custom tunes...

Claven Guest

If you look up the Topic: "Horsepower Kills...Toasted Allison" in the 9th thread he says he set his torque converter to lock up at 1200 rpm with his laptop. Sounds interesting.

dieseldummy Guest

Originally posted by kennedy:
    www.efilive.com will be releasing their tuning and datalogging/scan software shortly. I've been playing a bit with the tuning part, and it's prety darn neat! It will be available at the consumer level also. At present it does the GM LS1 gas etc. and the Dmax LB7, but the LLY is not that far behind!
    When I scrape together the $$ this is what I'll be buying. Probably exactly what I don't need, but it sounds like fun...

Claven Guest

I found this announcment

"EFILive is pleased to announce that our new LB7 scanning / programming software is now available for purchase. Here's a quick run down incase you missed what has been happening since our Beta test announcement.

EFILive is a PC based data scanning and ECM reprogramming package for the LB7 (and LS1 engines).

Our PC scantool is considered by many to be the most powerful scantool on the market, EFILive's scantool gives you the ability to chose from over 100 data parameters on the Duramax to monitor real time just like a Tech II can. Of course you can also read and clear fault codes as well as totally customize the look of all charts and gauges.
    No laptop?, no problem, our USB hardware interface between the PC and the vehicle can also log approx 25mins of data without a laptop connected that can be downloaded to a desktop PC at anytime.

Our PC based tuning package is the first of it's kind for the Duramax, this will change the way you think about electronic performance add-ons. You have full control over what the ECM does, no need for add on boxes that 'fool' or 'alter' the ECM signals for more performance, no more one size fits all tunes, you can customize any of the 125+ tables and parameters that control how your engine operates any way you desire. Just 30 seconds to reprogram any changes you make and away you go."

Personal = $699
    Commercial = $849
    Workshop = $6980

Personal - Gives unlimited data logging of any vehicles supported by EFILive, for Duramax applications this is currently LB7 & LLY. It allows you to program any 2 vehicles (LB7 Duramax or LS1) as many times as you wish once the vehicle is licensed to the hardware adaptor, you can however read the contents of as many vehicles as you wish without using a license. If you want to program more vehicles each additional programming license costs $99 with a maximum of 25 per adaptor, a license is not limited to any specific year or model, if EFILive supports it, you can license it. Additional licenses are ordered via Email, no need to return the hardware back to base.

Commercial - Gives the same functionality as the personal version and also comes with 2 licenses, but also adds the ability to lock the ECM so no-one else (your competitors!) can read or program the ECM, only you know the secret numbers to unlock the ECM again. The commercial version also offers the ability to do a full reprogram of the ECM, for example, to upgrade from a 2001 program to a 2003 program.
    A Personal version can be upgraded to Commercial at anytime via Email.

Workshop - No limits, reprogram as many vehicles as you wish.
    Personal and Commercial versions cannot be upgraded to Workshop level via Email.

All versions come with free software upgrades, so as we add features and more tuning parameters / tables you can download the updates for free from our web site.

For LLY owners, we are expecting to have LLY programming support just in time for Christmas.