TheDieselPage.com Forums  
2014 - TDP's 19th Year
What's New: | Feature Articles: | Product Reviews: | Member's Area: | Subscribe:
Duramax 6600 Diesel Page | Advertiser's Section | Classified Ads | Photo Album | Diesel Books, GM Licensed T-shirts

Go Back   TheDieselPage.com Forums > Chevrolet & GMC 2500HD/3500 Light Trucks > Duramax 6600
Register FAQ Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Duramax 6600 Discussion Forum for the Duramax 6600 Diesel Engine, including the LB7, LLY, LBZ & LMM engine specific topics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 08:27 PM
Contributor

I took my 01 Chevy in to the dealer today to deal with a couple of minor issues - the first one was the switch in the steering column was shot - whenever I tilted the steering wheel the lights would flicker - parts were in stock so I assume it has happened before. Number two was the drain valve on the bottom of the rad had starting leaking coolant on the garage floor at night - dealer replaced the whole valve as the o-ring on the old one was shot out. The SES light had been on for a day or two as well so I told them to check that out as well - when the mechanic phones he says "Oh ya, we had to order you a new injection pump too - that's what your SES light was all about" First question I have is is it covered by warranty - dealer assures me that it is - the truck has 115,000 km on it (70,000 miles) For some reason the fuel pressure was extremely irregular - to the tune of about 5000 lbs pressure at times - hopefully this solves my annoying idle flare as well as the cackle it seemed to develop since the SES light came on - anyone else had this problem????

P.S. I know my PictureTrail account has expired - are there any other free sites out there guys are using to post pics???

Thanks!!!
01 Chevy 2500HD ShortBox/ExtCab Duramax/Allison 4x4 White/Graphite Drivin it and LOVIN IT!!! <br /> 2002 Yamaha SX-Viper snowmobile! <br /><a href=\"Http://www.picturetrail.com/duramax\" target=\"_blank\">Http://www.picturetrail.com/duramax</a>
Old 01-29-2003, 10:59 PM
Contributor

i have had 2 trucks with a problem with the regulator in the pump. as you can't buy just a regulator the pump must be replaced
Old 01-29-2003, 11:04 PM
Contributor

Barc,

Do you regularly use any type of fuel additive? If so, what brand?
2001 2500HD D/A CC/SB 4x4<br />A.R.E. Z-series topper, CA 75-series boards, Bedrug, Fumoto valve, Amsoil air filter, Jan \'02 PCM updates,Transfer Flow 50 gal. crossbed aux. fuel tank, Bilstein shocks, 25 ft. Tahoe Transport toybox (9.6K loaded), Hensley hitch, Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:19 AM
Contributor

My injector pump was replaced at 38,000 miles. I had an irregular idle. Would skip a beat every 8 to 12 seconds. At first, did not do it all the time, but after a while it was fairly consistent. Never triggered SES light. Was covered under warranty including a loaner car.
01 2500HD LS 4x4 D/A Ext Cab Short Box, Charcoal Gray, Linex, Snow Plow, Denali dash bezel<br />4x4 light that now works!<br />Under seat storage bin (paid $31.75), Bilstein shocks, Timbren front springs
Old 01-30-2003, 05:47 AM
Contributor

Yes, the injector pump is covered under the 100,000 mile engine warranty, and yes, it will fix your idle surge problem.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:51 PM
Contributor

pinehill - I've never added anything to my fuel - my new pump is in and will be replaced next week - I'll keep you posted!! Thanks for the replies!!
01 Chevy 2500HD ShortBox/ExtCab Duramax/Allison 4x4 White/Graphite Drivin it and LOVIN IT!!! <br /> 2002 Yamaha SX-Viper snowmobile! <br /><a href=\"Http://www.picturetrail.com/duramax\" target=\"_blank\">Http://www.picturetrail.com/duramax</a>
Closed Thread