Thread: Powering Accessories from Fuse Box

Question

About 6 months ago there was a topic of getting power for guages or accessories. There was one that was made like a mini fuse but had a spade on the back side for accessories. I had the web add but lost it. does anybody have the add or know where I can order them.

2001 Silverado LT 4X4 & other good Stuff
    2001 Duramax,LT

Maverick Guest

Here is the story on the gauge install. I bought the mini fuse taps at NAPA. The part number is 784666. I took a pic of the tap and sent it to TDP. Jim updated the story with the pic and gave me credit for the photo (nice guy). I haven't ever seen a fuse with a built in spade.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/dmaxgage.htm

YZF1R Guest

I wasn't aware of those. I used a product from LittleFuse called "Add-A-Circut". You remove the fuse you want to use and plug this in. Then put the original fuse in the bottom slot and the fuse for your added circut next to it. It has a short pigtail coming off of it for your new circut. They have the normal size and the mini fuse size. I got them at the auto parts store. I no longer have the package they came in but if someone wants to use them and can not find them I will stop at the store and get the part number.

Steve

Steve
    I've seen that type of add-on for a circuit. I'll probably go that way. I thought someone might have saved the web add of the other type.
    Dick
    2001 Duramax,LT

Be aware there can be a gotcha if you plug in the fuse with adapter on and then take it off...it will widen the gap that the fuse plugs into. I found this out the hard way b/c I plugged into the wrong fuse initially (interior lights) and after that my interior lights would flicker at will. I figured it out and used a tiny screwdriver to make the connection narrower to allow proper fit for the fuse. I have not had any problems since.
    Steve (Member #6089)<br /><a href=\"mailto:smbrown819@yahoo.com\">smbrown819@ya hoo.com</a><br />2002 LT 2500HD 4WD Crewcab Pewter/Graphite DuraMax/Allison<br /><a href=\"http://www.monkey.net/steve\" target=\"_blank\">(Mods and Miscellaneous Pics...Updated 08/10/03)</a>

The part number for the Bussmann Littlefuse add-a-circuit is "BP/HHH" for the mini fuse,check their website;
    http://www.bussmann.com/library/docs/BUSS_Auto-Fuse.pdf

[ 08-09-2002: Message edited by: Tinbender ]</p>
    DP # 5966<br />\"02\" Chev Ext Cab LB D/A, Pewter, Stull S/S Running Boards, CarryBoy Canopy, BedSlide,Underseat Stowage Bin, Hensley Arrow Hitch, Bilstiens,Prodigy Brake Controller,QS ClassIV SuperHitch, Digital Gauges in Overhead Console, Towing 96 32\' Alumalite Custom TT. Home Made Auto Boat Loader. Electric Tail Gate Lock.<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/tinbender\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.pbase.com/tinbender</a>

Tinbender,
    Can you send me an E-mail please. I need someone in the lower 48 to help me out on this add-a- circuit. Can't find them here.

See sig for address. Thanks
    TDPmember#6216 <a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/akdmax\" target=\"_blank\"><b>My Pics</b></a><br />2002 Storm Gray CC SLE, D-max/Alli, Retrax bed cover, J&J Millenium boards and mud flaps, Weathertech weatherflectors, Catch-All liners, MITO DVD, Panasonic LA95, High Idle, Hard wired radar detector, lightforce 240blitz driving lights.<i> <a href=\"mailto:akdmax@hotmail.com\">akdmax@hotmail. com</a> </i>

I am trying to find someone who carries the power tap from Buss. Does anyone know of a chain of auto parts stores that carry the Buss line of fuses and fuse products? Thanks
    2003 Chevy 2500HD EC-SB Dmax/ZF6

Autozone is half the price of NAPA. Napa was $14 and Autozone was about $7. Same part.

Larry
    Former 2003 Chev. D/A CC, Snug Top shell, Prodigy, 2003 Arctic Fox 30U, Alternator mt. fuel filter.....basically stock truck.

2012 Ram Megacab 3500, Snug Top, same trailer, stock truck

GO DUCKS

GOD BLESS THOSE WHO PROTECT AND SERVE!

Thumbs up

I just picked up one today. I bought it at Pep-Boys, it's a littlefuse part# 0FHM0200ZP. It's called a mini add-a-circuit. It came with 4 fuses from 3a-10a. I believe the cost was $8.99, I thought that was kinda of high.

Wal-mart also has some like it, I'm not sure if they have the mini fuse. If they do I'm sure it's fairly inexpensive.

Buck Guest

Access-a-fuse is a good way to go, but they are still developing the mini fuse style. They are a lot better than the standard fuse taps. I ended up using the Littlefuse add-a-circuit. $6.99 from autozone. www.accessafuse.com maybe if enough people call they will come out quicker. [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't know what everyone else has but the add-a-circuits take a lot of space needed for other add ons. Example: My bumper guides, I have fuse tapped to function with turn signals and marker lights. Turn signal fuses are right next to each other and add-a-circuit are to big

Thanks all yall... I was able to find it at autozone. Took some diggin, it was behind the larger blade style add a circuit. CB talks great now.
    2003 Chevy 2500HD EC-SB Dmax/ZF6

One word of caution. I looked into using the add-a-circuit for my air bag compressor. The compressor takes 15 amps. The add-a-circuit is only rated to 10 amps; you could do some melt down. Also be careful which fuse you plug into. EVERYTHING in all 3 fuse boxes is monitored by the computer. If you seriously change the amperage being used on the circuit, the computer can shut the circuit. Dealer told me of 1 guy who plugged in his driving lights into 1 of the fuse plugs and would have to hold the key at start for 10 seconds before it would start. Guauges aren't a problem, but be carefull about higher amps.
    2002 Silverado 2500HD,D/A,LS,ext cab,4x4,pewter,Truxedo cover,Line-X liner,Lund running boards,Bilsteins on all 4 corners, Air Lift air bags, Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller<br />2001 Honda Goldwing, pearl blue, 118 hp<br />2001 Coachmen Royal 32 ft travel trailer, double slide-outs<br />Toy Trax bike loader

mdadgar Guest

I needed ignition-switched 18 amps for something in my truck - WAY too much to pull out of a fuse tap in the fuse block.

I took the truck to a local stereo installer, since they do this kind of thing for a living, and they wired me up with a slick setup. They tapped into a switched line under the dash for control and then ran a separate power line from the battery, switched via a solenoid, to a fuse block and then back to my application.

Cost $100 and well worth it. Super clean install.

- Mark

Go to any auto parts store and buy a relay for about $7. Most relays are good up to 30 amps.
    Josh
    \'02 2500HD D/A CC/LB 4X4<br />Autometer EGT (Pre & Post Turbo)/Boost Guages<br />Hot Juice-Predator-Banks Monster Exhaust-Stanadyne Lift Pump-Mega<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/bigsmithers\" target=\"_blank\">Pictures</a><br /><a href=\"mailto:kussbrostenter@aol.com\">kussbrosten ter@aol.com</a>

mdadgar Guest

Yes, of course. But the stereo shop did a much cleaner install than I would have been capable of.

- Mark