Thread: duramax allison standalone?

Question duramax allison standalone?

is there any new info on anybody making a standalone for the duramax allison. my 68 suburban with a duramax is getting close to wiring time if there is a standalone the project will be be done and on the road a lot sooner.
    2004 CC D/A LB7 4X4 with edge juice with attitude, BD air filter system, 4in exhaust, 4" rancho lift, 315x75x16 tires, superlift speedo correction

2004 Terry Quantum 300BH TT

2004 CC D/A LLY 4X4 chassis to put my 72 suburban body on.

Lightbulb

You might give Banks a call and ask them. I think they use a really high dollar custom Bosch unit on their racing stuff, but they might know of a street unit being developed.
    I also have a Dmax project on the back burner (only in planning stages), so post up if you get any leads.

Jeff-
    MEMBER #6086
    2001 K2500HD CC D/A Onyx/Tan

I recall a couple of issues back in Diesel Power magazine they had an article on a Painless Performance wiring harness for Cummins conversions and at the end of the article it said that Duramax harness's were next to be released. I would contact them to see if the Duramax harness is close to being done or is done.

As of this afternoon, this was the response from Dennis Diehl at Painless ...

Hello Jeff; we have so many projects in operation at the same time we had to put the Duramax harness on the back burner. I don't expect to see it surface until sometime next year. And it is not far enough along for me to know what the coverage will be yet. Thank you for contacting Painless and showing interest in our product. We are proud to help you with any other questions you may need help with. If you need more info, PLEASE, include this email with your reply as it will save time in our response. Questions are not always answered by the same tech and it's hard to get previous emails from the other computers.

Luckily I'm a couple years from needing it anyway.
    Jeff-
    MEMBER #6086
    2001 K2500HD CC D/A Onyx/Tan

I'm considering embarking upon a DURAMAX conversion in my 95 SUB. I have found out the PPE will take a factory harness and wire it to whatever needs you have, you send them a stock harness and they rewire it for you to hook up with as few as 5 wires. PPE's programmer can also make a DURAMAX ECM work as a stand-alone without the BCM or PASSLOCK, and EFILIVE says there newest updates can do this as well.

might want to check banks i belive they have a stand alone for the motor to work with their marine application.