Thread: where's oil pressure sending unit?

Default where's oil pressure sending unit?

I can't find any pics in my repair manuals anywhere. Where is the oil pressure sending unit located? Is it visible from the top or bottom? I have the factory pressure gauge, not the light. It's my '86. I'm not convinced the rear main seal is guilty of all that oil running out the back/bottom of my engine. I see oil from the top/back too. Just want to find it and check it too. Pressure washed the engine tonight to help find it. Can't expect to sell it if it is still leaking. I got under it last week and pulled the cover off the flywheel...a little oil in there but not as much as I would expect if it is all rear main. Just doesn't make sense to me. Leaked a little the past 8 years, then this year it's pouring out...suddenly. Cooler lines are ok, hoses are new, cooler is new and very visibly dry.
    Thanks
    Truck runs better than it ever has.
    Greg

07 Cadillac DTS NHP, 86 Chevy C10 6.2L Silverado SWB Apple Red--sold, 2001 White VW New Beetle GLS TDi 50mpg! 1995 VW GTI VR6--sold and greatly missed!
    "Try not!...Do!...or Do Not!...There is No Try!"--YODA

I'll assume it is in the same place as on the 6.5 - back end of the driver's side valve cover on the top. Look to that side of the fuel filter and follow the wires.
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Yep, Underneath the glow plug controller, remove it and you'll have better access to it.

Thanks, I know where the Glow plug controller is, replaced that once. I'm just looking all around to see if I can pinpoint that darn leak, or at least the worst one anyway. I know there is oil coming down from the top in that vicinity, and the vacuum pump is dry, no leaking there.
    Greg

07 Cadillac DTS NHP, 86 Chevy C10 6.2L Silverado SWB Apple Red--sold, 2001 White VW New Beetle GLS TDi 50mpg! 1995 VW GTI VR6--sold and greatly missed!
    "Try not!...Do!...or Do Not!...There is No Try!"--YODA

Probably is! Got the same leak and thought replacing the unit itself would fix it. But no, it seems to be coming form the connector the OP unit is screwed into. This connector is screwed into the block which I think is where my leak is coming from. A pain in the butt to get to with the firewall just inches away!
    Mark Chapman DP member #653;
    1983 K2500 6.2 Suburban, 4" lift, 35" tires, ATS turbo, Banks exhaust/intake, pyrometer, tachometer;
    1986 K5 6.2 Blazer, 2" lift, 33" tires, Banks intake, pyrometer, tachometer
    1963 wife, one owner, average mileage for the age but in excellent shape, a keeper
    1992 daughter, low mileage, pretty, limited edition, but requires some money to maintain
    1995 son, sports model, very fast & peppy, time will tell on durability and maintenance costs

"Grease is good"