TheDieselPage.com Forums  
2014 - TDP's 19th Year
What's New: | Feature Articles: | Product Reviews: | Member's Area: | Subscribe:
Duramax 6600 Diesel Page | Advertiser's Section | Classified Ads | Photo Album | Diesel Books, GM Licensed T-shirts

Go Back   TheDieselPage.com Forums > The Diesel Page Member Forums > 6.2L Diesel
Register FAQ Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

6.2L Diesel 1982-93 6.2L Diesel - Member access forum for any questions or information exchange related to the 6.2L engine.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Enthusiast

Default Injector pump timing

Hello all, Dave again hailing from Alaska. Had to replace all glow plugs yesterday, all but one tested completely open. I have read in my 6.2 gm kanal that incorrect pump timing can cause premature glow plug wear/damage by making them run hot. Truck is starting great now. Was wondering about the difficulty in timing the pump and if a dynamic adjustment will be necessary as well. I have slow be tuning her up after being only use as a run-to-dump truck. Over the last five years though, I have had to turn the idle up more and more. With the temp getting warmer here(20f) she is running rough and lacks power, no excessive smoking. Have changed fuel filter, glow plugs, air filter, and that is about it. Main question is can an average truck mechanic do pump timing or should I take it in, and does anyone know a trustworthy and good 6.2 mechanic in Anchorage, Alaska. Thanks, Dave