Thread: Injector Change Time

Default Injector Change Time

I got a letter from GM saying they had upped the warranty to 150,000 miles on my LB7 injectors. It is time to get them done and since the truck is at 120,000, better do it soon! Does anybody have a GM dealer in the Las Vegas, NV area they have had any positive experiences with? I live by Bozarth but they just flat out lied to me the last time I was there & when I called them on it the service writer just oh yeah, that is just my regular pitch?

Arrow

The only LB7 injector warranty extension that I'm aware of is for 200K miles or 7 years. I'd like to see your letter. If they've updated it for a longer period, but less miles, it would be the first I've heard of it. Medium duty trucks may have a different policy I haven't heard of. Otherwise, all LB7 trucks should be out of warranty, by now. Although, it is possible an LB7 truck was sold very late in the 2004 year, as it would have to be an early production 2004 year model. As of January 2004 (2004.5 model year), all of them were LLY's.

Please post a copy of the letter.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Default injector warranty

Call GM customer service

800 222 1020

I am having my second set of injectors replaced for labor only at 188.8K for a 2002

Default Further info????

I am definetly interested in further info. I have a 2003 that the injectors were done by GM at 65000 miles. It now has almost 100000 and is showing symptoms again.

Keep us posted.

Thanks, Larry
    Former 2003 Chev. D/A CC, Snug Top shell, Prodigy, 2003 Arctic Fox 30U, Alternator mt. fuel filter.....basically stock truck.

2012 Ram Megacab 3500, Snug Top, same trailer, stock truck

GO DUCKS

GOD BLESS THOSE WHO PROTECT AND SERVE!