TheDieselPage.com Forums  
2014 - TDP's 19th Year
What's New: | Feature Articles: | Product Reviews: | Member's Area: | Subscribe:
Duramax 6600 Diesel Page | Advertiser's Section | Classified Ads | Photo Album | Diesel Books, GM Licensed T-shirts

Go Back   TheDieselPage.com Forums > Chevrolet & GMC 2500HD/3500 Light Trucks > Duramax 6600
Register FAQ Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Duramax 6600 Discussion Forum for the Duramax 6600 Diesel Engine, including the LB7, LLY, LBZ & LMM engine specific topics.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:43 PM

Default 2003 2500HD won't turn over...any ideas?

I have been having erratic starts out of my 2500HD. Lights come on like normal and when you turn key after glow plugs go out nothing happens. No bump, no grind, nothing. All the dash lights go out like the batteries are dead, but let up on the key and everything comes back. Try it later, or again and it may start!? I have changed out the neutral safety switch, had a repair shop tell me it was the starter( it wasn't), and now they are stumped. I am wondering about the ignition switch, but don't like swapping parts just to "try" a fix. $$$ Batteries are fine. I thought I had seen a thread on this very problem, but can't seem to locate it. Was hoping someone a little more savvy on the searches could point me in the right direction...
Thanks
Old 05-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Arrow

Welcome aboard!

It could be a number of things. The most common is a poor connection at the batteries, starter or grounds. There's also a starter relay in the underhood fuse box (over the driver side wheel well). The ignition switch is a possibility, just less common.
dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com
Old 05-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Enthusiast

Have you had your batteries load tested?
'02 2500HD CC SB 4X4 D/A, Kennedy headlight kit, OilGuard bypass, Nicktane fuel filt, Pred 1.04, Autometer Ultra-Lites, ARE Z-Series, DX-959, KL203, Xferflow filler kit, Kennedy twin lift pump kit, Alpine CDE-HD137BT, JL Audio C2-650X Evolution Series speakers