Thread: EZ AMP/ JUICE problems

Angry

Has anybody out there been having problems with their EZ-AMP/JUICE box in the rain? I sure have! Love it's performance otherwise. When driving in heavy rain, my Dmax cuts out and I have to pull over! I talked to B.D. about it and was told to unhook the unit and take a pair of needle nosed pliers and "pull" each of the connector pins until you hear them click. Well, I did that and it seemed to run great. Well, while towing my 10,000 pound boat up a hill the other day (in heavy rain) it died 2 times and I had to pull over. Now this was getting pretty old! I never had this problem prior to installing the EZ-AMP or after I unhooked it! It was a 3.5 version. I regretfully sent it back to B.D. yesterday. I am now running stock, with no difficulties. I was just wondering if any of you EZ-AMP/JUICE box people have been running into the same problems as me.

Talking

George,

That is very disappointing, not to mention dangerous. I haven't had any rain around here since I got it, so I can't say for sure. Good luck, I'm sure Edge will figure it out pretty quick and fix the problem.

Regards, Steve

I had the exact same thing happen to me today. It was a light rain, I was going along fine at 60 mph and there was a car turning left ahead of me so I took my foot off the throttle for about 5 seconds to slow down while it was turning and when I went to press the throttle again it didn't do anything. I pressed it down farther and it started to pick up but began smoking badly and running rough and it had a loud rapping knock if I tried to accelerate. This was in level 4, I immediately switched to level 3 with T/H and it did the same so I coasted to the side of the road and put it in park but didn't shut it off. I touched the throttle while parked and it seemed smooth so I pulled out on the road again and all was good the rest of the way home.

I have had version 3.2 for the last 13,000 miles and this is the first time it has done this. Has anyone else had this happen?
    2001 Red D/A 4x4 Standard Cab Autometer Ultra-Lite Boost/EGT, KD4&lt;5, RJ, HI/ODL, 285x75BFGATs<br /> <a href=\"http://www.mudbogg.com/gallery/gallery1/0077.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.mudbogg.com/gallery/gallery1/0077.html</a>

I know it will be fixed! I haven't had a problem with this in the rain but I hope/think edge will fix this now. My box works great except for the fishbite, which I understand is fixed in the 4.0 version. What a box!!!
    2002 3500 D/A Lt Pewter/Graphite CC Dually,\"Juiced\". Laverne SS Side Steps, DTA Mudflaps, Catch All floor mats, Lund bug catcher, Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller. Reese 20k 5th wheel hitch, JK headlight harness & bulbs, WOW! Autometer boost and EGT gauges, Schefenacker TTT Mirrors, 66 Vette 509 CI-800HP adrenalin machine, 89 Vette, Astro Bass boat/200HP Mercury, 97 Jeep Wrangler, 38ft WW Toy hauler,<br />So many toys, not enough time!

Kennedy Guest

Aaron,

Try your dad's 3.61 and see how you like it, OR have him send me his and I'll set it up to 4.0 and you guys can compare...

I'm going to try 4.0 myself today

mtomac Guest

I've had the juice box on my truck for about 10,000 miles. I've driven in pouring rain, light rain, going thru the carwash and haven't had this problem. Could water be getting into the four connectors or into the box. Where did you mount the connectors and box?

I HAD BASICALLY THE SAME PROBLEM WITH A DYNO-MITE BOX WHILE RAINING. AND ACTUALLY IT WASNT THE RAIN CAUSING THE PROBLEM IT WAS THE WIPERS CAUSING IT. EVIDENTLY THERE WAS SOME KIND OF GROUNDING PROBLEM WHEN THE WIPERS WERE ON. I GOT AN UPDATED WIRING HARNESS AND SEEMED TO FIX THE PROBLEM. TRY RUNNING YOUR WIPERS IN A NON-RAIN SITUATION AND SEE IF THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS.
    \'01 CHEVY D/A REG CAB 4X4<br />SPA DG-211 GUAGE<br />JUICE BOX BY EDGE<br />HUSKY FLOOR MATS<br />AMSOIL AIR FILTER<br />5 INCH EXHAUST<br />MY AIR BOX LOOKS LIKE SWISS CHEESE <br />XM SAT. RADIO<br />PEANUTGRWR@AOL.COM WHEN I GROW UP I DONT WANNA BE LIKE BROKERS!

Red face

Hey Peanutgrwr, how did you discover your problem? Is this a "fix" that my dealer can figure out? You may have touched on something. I know sometimes when I slow down for a stop and the radio is on, it will almost always turn the volume down; weird.

I mounted it exactly the way the instructions showed. I suppose I should take it into the dealer and have them check it out.

GEORGE, I JUST FIGURED THIS PROBLEM OUT BY COIENCEIDENCE. BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT YOUR RADIO HAS AN OPTION DEPENDANT ON WHERE YOUR KNOB THAT IS AROUND THE VOLUME KNOB IS LOCATED. THAT LETS THE RADIO TURN DOWN WHEN THE SPEED OF THE PICKUP IS SLOWED DOWN. I BELIVE IT IS CALLED SCV OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. JUST TRY IT WITH THE WIPERS RUNNING AND IN NO RAIN. THATS THE BEST WAY I CAN TELL YOU IF YOU HAVE A GROUNDING PROBLEM OR NOT [img]tongue.gif[/img] NO IF THIS PROBLEMIS CAUSED BY YOUR PERFORMANCE BOX I WOULDNT AASK THE DEALER TO FIX IT. THE PROBLEM IS IN THE WIRING HARNESS OF THE BOX.

[ 08-24-2002: Message edited by: PEANUTGRWR ]</p>
    \'01 CHEVY D/A REG CAB 4X4<br />SPA DG-211 GUAGE<br />JUICE BOX BY EDGE<br />HUSKY FLOOR MATS<br />AMSOIL AIR FILTER<br />5 INCH EXHAUST<br />MY AIR BOX LOOKS LIKE SWISS CHEESE <br />XM SAT. RADIO<br />PEANUTGRWR@AOL.COM WHEN I GROW UP I DONT WANNA BE LIKE BROKERS!

Thumbs up

Hey Peanutgrwr, thanks for the reply. I took the EZ-AMP box off a couple of days ago and sent it back in for a refund. Has been raining here continually since and have had no problems. Sure miss that take off power! I am interested in your setup with the propane and how you like it. That sounds like what I want to do.

Anyone out there know what the new 4.0 JUICE boxes are supposed to correct? I miss my AMP box and need some POWER back, but w/o the stalling problems in the rain!

My D/A with Edge Juice Box v3.5 also has shut off about 4 times. For me it happened at idle, just when taking off from a stop. I don't recall whether it was raining every time, I don't think it was. It fires right back up after the stall. I pulled apart the connectors, reinstalled them thinking maybe a bad connection, and hasn't recurred yet.

[ 08-25-2002: Message edited by: blue ]</p>

GEORGE, EMAIL ME AT PEANUTGRWR@AOL.COM ABOUT THE PROPANE.