PDA

View Full Version : Pricing information

MACCONSTRUCTIONLLC
03-03-2004, 15:46
I took my 95 Chevy 3500 crew cab 6.5 for service. I was told I need a vacuum pump, surpentine valve and set timing on the injection pump. Was quoted $850 labor and materials. Does that sound about right?

Where can I find these items on the web site?

Thanks for your help.

pannhead
03-03-2004, 17:21
sounds excessive to me :confused: ...i would ask for a breakdown of the charges (parts & labor) and then report back

tom.mcinerney
03-03-2004, 20:19
It would help to know mileage. Explore the 'Advertisers' section here on TDP.
Check out 'Gomer's/U.S.Diesel' or Kennedy Diesel for the vacuum pump. That and the serp belt can be DIY or any decent mechanic.
The timing set requires an expensive scan tool.
I assume that's 'serpentine belt' and the vacuum solenoid valve that regulates boost??
Eventually {before 200K miles} the timing chain should be refitted/upgraded with gears...

Randee of the Redwoods
03-05-2004, 13:20
Sounds excessive to me, too. The water pump on my 94 was $700 alone. And it's a helluva lot more work that changing a bad vacuum pod(your pump is fine, just the pod is probably bad, common failure over time). I'll assume you mean serpantine belt, not valve. Heck, you could do that yourself. Changing that pod isn't that hard either. Timing, yes does need a special electronic tool. Definately a dealer thing, but shouldn't cost much.