PDA

View Full Version : engine miss @ 1500-1700 RPM

BillOtter
01-17-2005, 22:04
I have a 01 D/A with 96,000 all good miles on it until a few thousand ago when I noticed the engine missing at 1500 to 1700 RPM. It is more pronounced when the engine is cold but can be detected when warm if I'm light on the pedal holding this rpm range and you can hear it in the exhaust and feel it bucking a little through the drive line. Once I get past 1700 it takes off and builds good power. It idles good and runs full throttle good. I unplugged the banks and changed the fuel filter and checked the engine oil for fuel (there was no fuel) and still have the same thing. I have been a watcher of this web site since I bought it new in 01 and you all provide some good info (thanks). I thought I would check here before taking it into the dealer, ANY IDEAS?

01 Duramax/Allison reg cab 4X4
Banks Six Gun with Speed loader
Summit Racing 4" SS exhaust

More Power
01-19-2005, 09:32
Does it do it in all gears at that same rpm, or just in OD with TC locked?

MP

BillOtter
01-19-2005, 22:30
I can hear it in all gears. I can feel it when in overdrive and tc is locked. It bucks and bumps a little but you really have to pay attention and hold around 1600 RPM. Once you get past 1700 it clears up. The engine produces a power band in this RPM range and wants to jump to 1800, its always been like that but I don't recall the power transfer be this rough. In park I raised the RPM's slowly to 1500 and the engine has a shake to it. I installed that free flowing exhaust in warm weather last spring so this is the first winter with the exhaust. It is pretty loud in the cab and with the cold climate its even louder. I'm wondering If I just uncorked something that was there from the start but was muffled by the factory exhaust???

[ 01-19-2005, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: BillOtter ]

More Power
01-25-2005, 15:48
Might be injector related, but it's hard to know for sure. With a Tech II, you could disable one injector at a time, to eliminate them as being the cause.

MP