PDA

View Full Version : Can this be true?? I hope not.

danhercules
04-26-2004, 10:12
My neibor has a brand new 250, powerstoke. his good buddy has a new LLY chevy. They both have the same travel trailer. Both new. They went out this weekend, and the Ford outpulled the Chevy up the grade. BY A LONG SHOT!!! I am gonna get more info later. They were in a hurry thins morn. He is not happy with his new Chevy. I hope somthin is goin on they are not telling me. As far as I know, both trucks are completly stock.

More Power
04-26-2004, 10:23
Hmmm... The LLY's 320hp/590 lb-ft should do well against Ford. However, the 3800 governed rpm limit of the Ford will produce an advantage in certain situations, where it can stay in a lower gear for a longer period of time while pulling a grade.

We'll learn more about that this summer during our annual Pull-Off, where we compare all brands of new trucks.

MP

AndyL
04-26-2004, 15:03
Any chance the Furd had 4.10 gears? Isn't that how they out-ran the D-max the the past pulling advertisment?

sixl
04-27-2004, 11:38
I pulled with my lly last weekend and I am very unhappy with its performance :(

cowboywildbill
04-27-2004, 12:10
I run up and down the road with the Fords and Dodges and Dmax's, while going to rodeos & team pennings and cattle sortings, we often run and camp together. And the Dmax's are always out in front on the hills. On two different trips one of the 6.0 Fords broke down and we had to go back and move the trailer for them. I am not brand loyal at all, I have towed with and owned the other brands. But I have to tell you it's pretty hard to beat the Dmax allison combo. I would think that maybe there is something wrong with the your trucks. They will run much better after they are broke in also.
I talked to a guy that was unhappy with his Dmax, and he took it back to the dealer and they adjusted the throttle potentiometer (did I spell that correctly?) Something to do with the go pedal. Any way he ain't complaining anymore, except he is crying about the spinning wheels & speeding ticket he got about a week later. I guess some of us just won't grow up! Hope you get it worked out. Drive safe no matter what you drive

plowking35
04-27-2004, 16:32
After 2 weeks and only 1000 mi on my LLY, I couldnt be happier. I am comnparing vs a 98 6.5 TD, but the LLY is awesome. It pulls the bobcat no problem, and that weighs in at about 10K with the trailer. The way the allison helps with braking is beyond words. Most of the time I am towing my 16' enclosed trailer, that only weighs in at about 5K. It tows that like it wasnt even there. I never towed with a LB7 tho.
I have towed the trailer with a 01 PS F 250 reg cab pick up, and the LLY will walk away from that. I dont know about a 6.0, and how would perform.
Dino