PDA

View Full Version : Help Request-Fuel Filter change.

upfront
04-29-2004, 08:45
I just changed my fuel filter as per Jim Bigleys instructions that came from here. Everything seemed ok when finished. I started the truck and it ran about 30 sec. then it stalled and it won't restart. I had forgot to retighten the fuel fill cap when I primmed it the first time, could that have sucked air into it? I have reprimmed it several times to no avail. Would any one have any suggestions? Thanks

upfront
04-29-2004, 10:13
Please diregard this post. It healed its self. Went out and gave the pump a couple more shots untill it resisted, bingo, she runs.

mark45678
04-29-2004, 13:22
open the bleader first ,prime untill you get fuel out of it.... close bleader prime until you feel a slight resitance then start it up.... you will never have a problem! DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE BLEADER , its just a plastic screw!

upfront
04-29-2004, 16:16
Just what I did and it worked. Did not know you needed to pump it to get resistence. Thanks

More Power
05-02-2004, 19:51
As with any GM diesel fuel filter assembly produced since the mid 80's, it's best to prime the new filter till clear (bubble-free) fuel is seen coming from the air bleed screw (then carefully tighten the bleed screw).

Opening the fuel tank cap releases any vacuum or pressure that might interfere with the priming process.

Once you've done it successfully the first time, the next time will be a piece of cake.

MP