PDA

View Full Version : 2001 duramax

gmc1
04-29-2004, 16:47
I am looking at a 2001 duramax diesel tommorow also a 1999 ford diesel,the ford owner told that the duramax diesel had cylinder problems on #2 and 6 cylinders ,is this true or just ford humor?.I cannot recall any subject on this problem,the truck has 178,000 klm. on it all highway it comes with a 1 year power train warranty. HHHHHelp ,i need this answer tonight .Thanks for all the replies.Tom :confused:

cowboywildbill
04-30-2004, 12:41
I have had them all(Fords & Dodges,and that is a Ford owner rumor. The Dmax is a far better engine and truck in my opinion than the Ford engine and truck. Although I think the Cummins is a great engine also, but the other issues on the Dodges are a problem, and the Dmax out pulls all of them. And no the Dmax doesn't have cylinder or head problems. Just bear in mind that if it has around 1000,000 miles, that you might have to think about injectors at some point in the future, if it has not had them replaced. I do know of a guy that has 220,000 on a Dmax and all is well. As with anything you buy, check how well the maintance was performed. And the fact that it does have a warranty is a plus. And if it was a one owner truck, try and find out where they got thier fuel. Clean fuel with no water means a lot to the life of the fuel system on these trucks. Good luck

[ 04-30-2004, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Cowboy Wild Bill ]

gmc1
05-01-2004, 02:31
Thanks Bill, as it was the truck was sold when we got there,it was in rough shape.The salesman said he got more than the asking price(so he said).Thanks for the reply.Tom

DmaxMaverick
05-01-2004, 12:30
The salesman said he got more than the asking price(so he said).Huh???

Salesman: Price is $25,000.

Customer: That's not enough. How 'bout I give you $30,000?

Salesman: I don't know. I'll have to run that by the boss. He has a no haggle policy......

Did I miss something here??