PDA

View Full Version : Question for KingD

Murray the Cop
10-11-2003, 13:33
I was reading one of your old posts and read something about a 4wd code showing on the dash. I am interested because when installing the Quad 135 the code came up on the dash in the middle some where but when I was finished there was no code. Also after I installed the level I wanted,I noticed that all the dash lights that come on when turning the ignition were not illuminating. The veh security light was the one that was out. I noticed a big improvement with the shifting with this tuner (third one) but was concerned about the dash lights. The radio would not power up either unless you started the truck. So I put everything back to stock,ran the truck then installed the 110hp tune again. All the dash lights were working correctly and the radio would play with one turn of the key BUT the shifting is not nearly as good. I don't get it. I have an 03 so when tuning I have to pull several fuses in order to get it to work. I thought I had everything worked out and now this.Guess I should have left it alone. Any idea???? Couldn't get the Quad exaust but got the BD. I hear they are the same. Thanks
Anthony

king D
10-12-2003, 05:06
hey ,hope all is well,i dont remember the exact post so if you cold point me to it to refresh my memory on the subject it may help.as far as the shifting not being as good do you mean like there is a defuel now or shifts are erradic,slower what.i am not sure i know what you are asking me.feel free to clarify or also feel free to call....252 394 5180...jess

Murray the Cop
10-12-2003, 10:33
All is well, thanks for asking. The shifting is hard to explain but before I changed it back to stock and then back to 110hp (can't handle 135 with stock tranny) it felt just like stock. Now it is slow. It feels like the tranny shifts and then nothing until you continue to push the pedal. Just doesn't feel right at slow speeds. Almost like after the shift it doesn't know what to do (accellerate!). Every tuner I was sent shifted the same so I know its in the program. I guess I'm expecting too much from this thing and if I want the hp I'll have to deal with the shifts.I'm gonna change the fluid to synthetic,not that that will fix it but I figure it can't hurt. What about the BD exaust? Is it the same?

king D
10-12-2003, 13:26
do you mean bully dog exhaust or bd ,i still dont know but i would gues there is a chance that the quad and bully exhaust could be very similar...jess...also have you given the tranny ample time to learn the shifts with respect to the extra power,needs at least 150-200 miles to get it right or do 3 light runs to 70 then 3 half throotle 3 3/4 runs then try some fulll throttle runs if at any time the shift doesnt feel right back off the run and start over,,,,jess