PDA

View Full Version : Smell fuel after Mega Install

afp
10-12-2003, 17:57
I installed my Mega pre-OEM a couple months ago. Didn't have any problems. Like everyone else, my truck runs a bit smoother and quiter than before and picked up 1/2 to 3/4 mpg. My truck doesn't seem to buildup any air--at least whenever I bleed it at the Mega nothing comes out.

However, I still have a slight raw diesel smell coming from the side of the truck where the Mega is installed. I can find no leak anywhere. Every connection, hose, and filter is clean and dry. I am also not leaking fuel into the oil, as my oil level has emain unchanged.

Any ideas? Is it possible some fuel spilled to the "valley" of the engine where I can't see it and is ever so slowly evaporating?

Blaine

dmaxalliTech
10-12-2003, 18:11
its a good possiblilty that fuel accumulated on the engine somewhere, but after a few months, I would think it should be gone. When you pull the line off the inlet for pump to intall MEGA, some may drop in there.

afp
10-12-2003, 18:50
Hopefully, that's all it is.

Kennedy
10-15-2003, 14:36
I like to wash my engine from time to time. Just stay awaty from the EDU. It's quite possible that there is just some residue from spillage...

BlueOx03
10-15-2003, 15:47
Mine smelt like diesel for a while after I changed the OEM the first time. Come to find out, I had a skid plate full of diesel. You might want to check that out.

Hope to help,

Ox

Idle_Chatter
10-16-2003, 02:52
I splashed a little fuel on the valve cover in putting in the hoses for my Mega. The smell persisted for at least a day or two. Diesel fuel being oily and having pretty low votility it tends to "linger" for a while. I've been watching all my connections and checking for "wet spots" and the smell has gone away too.