PDA

View Full Version : I run dual fuel filters. Anyone else doing it?

Jim Cobler
09-01-2002, 20:23
When I installed an in bed extra fuel tank, I placed a fuel filter on the inside of the frame rail where the fuel lines run. As a result, a very high percentage of the fuel I use is filtered twice. My additional filter is very easy to change and readily available at a fair price. I plan on running the factory filter on an extended mileage interval as a result. Of course, I carry a spare with me at all times.

Any comments?

imported_
09-01-2002, 23:09
Jim,

I am running dual filters on my Land Cruiser and notice a significant difference in performance and mpg. Granted the LC is 30 years old and has only 87hp i think dual filters is a good idea.

I think I am running a 5 micron primary and a 2 micron secondary. They are Racor units with the clear bottoms and priming pump on top. A real slick unit. You can see the crap in the filter with out taking it off and then prime it at its own housing.

Any idea what size filters are on the Dmax?

Cheers

Brad

hdmax(mike)
09-02-2002, 07:46
That is a very good idea. I`ve been thinking of doing this, but don`t know where to pickup the parts. Do you have part numbers? What is needed to do the complete job?

THANK YOU!!

Jim Cobler
09-02-2002, 08:11
I got the filter housing and filter at my local Truck Parts & Equipment dealer and as I recall they cost about $30.00. In addition, I placed a ball valve on each side of the filter so I would not worry about fuel spillage.