PDA

View Full Version : Newbie w/ question

HESSCLAN
09-02-2002, 14:57
I

SoCalDMAX
09-02-2002, 18:33
Congrats on the new truck nad welcome to the forum!

Holy smokers, at the rate you're going, you're gonna have this thing all tricked out in no time!! I don't have any info on the BD airbox, but I did read a post from Joeduramaximizer (Pacific Performance) that they had dyno tested everything from stock air filter to no air filter and the bottom line: no real difference.

Hope that helps some.

Regards, Steve

afp
09-02-2002, 20:36
Welcome!

I too read the thing about what type of airbox not making a difference on the dyno. A couple observations. They did not test a K&N Aircharger system. The Aircharger seals off underhood air and allows the engine to draw in cool air. This would not show up on the dyno, but would make a difference on the road.

You will find that K&N air filters/systems vs Amzoil are a hotly debated topic. One test on the filtration efficieny of any air filter is the amount of silicone in an oil analysis. The Amzoil guys kept saying how bad the K&N oil analysis results would be, and how we were going to destroy our engines. Finally, folks with K&Ns have been posting their oil analysis results, and everything is fine. Realize the Amzoil guys will never concede this, just as us K&N guys will never concede the Amzoil has any airflow.......

Blaine

johns
09-03-2002, 08:52
I cleaned my AMSOIL air filter this weekend. I took a close look at the airbox. The inlet into the airbox consists almost of the entire side of the air box, it is a huge opening. This motor should not be air starved, that is for sure (unlike my Ford PSD was). So I can understand where dyno tests showed no improvement in performance based on airbox.

[ 09-03-2002: Message edited by: johns ]</p>

HESSCLAN
09-03-2002, 19:33
Discided to try Xtream Box. I started to install and noticed that outlit was smaller than OEM box. ( OEM box is 4 1/4" Xtreme Box 4")Called BD Power, they suggested that I tighten hose clamp to make up the quarter inch difference. I chose to return box, stick with OEM box and go with the suggestions I've recently received on The DPage.