PDA

View Full Version : EZ Amp -vs- Propane comparo....

hoot
09-02-2002, 20:17
First off... this was a purely seat of the pants comparison.

My truck
Crew Cab Short Bed
propane, straight pipe and airfilter.

His truck
Regular cab with EZ Amp and 4" exhaust from BD except no muffler..

I drove the EZ truck. Felt good. Not as loud as mine.

Then I took him for a ride in mine. No doubt about it my truck was substantially faster. Mine is also a crew cab. His was the first EZ equipped truck I ever drove. He made me put it in tow/haul so I assume he had it programmed full bore. I'll get together with him again. He wants me to put the EZ on mine with the propane.

I'm not posting this as a mine is better than yours post. He was the first to say "Wow, this thing is definately faster than mine."

Question.... a few of you have had the opportunity of having propane along with some of the boxes. I don't recall anyone commenting on which mod had the most power by itself.

chevmeister
09-02-2002, 20:25
Hey hoot. Mikes Truck?? I personally thought it was louder. if it is make sure its programmed right. i did his and wasnt sure if it worked

[ 09-02-2002: Message edited by: chevmeister ]</p>

PEANUTGRWR
09-02-2002, 20:32
HOOT, IM RUNNING BOTH AND ITS HARD TO TELL WHICH ONE ALONE PERFORMS THE BEST. USING THEM BOTH WORKS GREAT UNTIL I GET INTO 5TH GEAR THEN THE JUICE STARTS CUTTING THE FUEL BACK DUE TO THE TRANNY SLIP. I THINK IN A RACE SITUATION WHEN USING THEM BOTH IT WOULD BE YOUR BEST BET TO SWITCH THE LPG OFF WHEN YOU GET INTO 5TH. SO MY OPINION IS THEY ARE NECK AND NECK WHEN USED SEPERATELY, AND WORK WELL TOGETHER UNTIL 5TH IS REACHED. I KNOW ITS NOT WORTH MUCH BUT YOU ASKED smile.gif :D :D

hoot
09-02-2002, 21:07
chevmeister,

Yea, I drove it tonight. It didn't seem to have a whole lot of gittiup like mine does. Maybe he doesn't have it programmed right.

We'll have to get over there and play with it.
Then maybe I'll have to post a "nevermind".
Mine is definately louder.

Thanks PEANUT. I assumed the EZ would be better than the propane.

I usually run out of road by the time I hit fifth anyway.

[ 09-02-2002: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

chevmeister
09-02-2002, 21:10
Well i know it stalls quite a bit. but it was fun the night he put it on. it was raining :D
i do want to see whats better but i got to rack some miles before i jump in with my truck. you didnt happen to notice what version his box was did you?

[ 09-02-2002: Message edited by: chevmeister ]</p>

hoot
09-02-2002, 21:20
No I didn't see the version. When I first put it in gear it almost stalled but was fine the rest of the time. I really liked the way it shifted. Quick and tight.